I'm trying not to panic!

helliecopter
helliecopter Posts: 19 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Evening all...

Well, after almost a month of counting my cals (I have just started in order to help me get to goal - I do Slimming World but am finding the last bit tough), today is the first day I've really eaten way over my daily allowance. I mistakenly chose something from a restaurant menu that I thought would be relatively average in calories but after checking the NVs online when I got back...it turned out to be over 1700 calories! I'm on 1200 a day! Consequently I'm over my daily allowance by about 800cals.

I'm in a bit of a flap. I know there's nothing I can do about it now...and I've been ok with exercise this week (although not brilliant) but I need a bit of reassurance that one day of eating so much isn't going to wreck my loss this week.

Any experiences/advice much appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    One day of going over your calories after being good for a while actually tends to have a positive effect on weight loss in the long run. Drink some extra water, and do some extra cardio if you're worried, but you'll be fine. :)
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    :flowerforyou: Only one day...not to worry...jump back on tomorrow...:huh: you need to worry if this becomes a habit.

Happy day tomorrow:smile:
  • futfurd
    futfurd Posts: 33 Member
    The good news is it takes 3500 calories to add 1 pound. My fitness pal keeps you at 500 calories below your BMR so you will lose i pound in 7 days. So you were really only 300 calories over your maintenance number. So It shouldn't destroy your weight loss for the week just slow it a little. If your careful the rest of the week you'll be just fine!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I've actually noticed that going way over like that every once in a very great while speeds up my weight loss..... weird, not sure how it works, but who am I to question a good thing?? :) You'll be just fine!
  • helliecopter
    It's great to have a bit of reassurance! Thank you.
    I really don't intend to make a habit of it, no worries there!:embarassed:
    Think I'll need a run tomorrow afternoon, and definitely have a bit more water.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Food is so tricky!!! Don't worry u will probably not gain from one day.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    You're going to be fine - don't stress over it.

I came home from work last night feeling like crap and the only thing I wanted was pizza. My husband went out and got a pizza which I devoured half of.....followed by some pudding......followed by a couple pieces of dark chocolate.....and I'm sure that there were a few other things in there that I don't remember (hey, food makes me feel better :wink: ). I knew that I had my "official" weekly weigh-in this morning, but I didn't really care. Well, I got on the scale this morning and was down .4 lbs from yesterday - and lost almost 2 lbs this past week. I've read many times that it's good to shock your system once in awhile by eating more calories.

Sorry for the long-winded answer :tongue:
  • helliecopter
    Nooo...bring on long winded! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.