Is this just for losing weight?

Options
Im trying to also gain muscles so I dont want this saying im doing bad if i gain.

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely for gaining weight too! I'm kinda just maintaining (goal range is 118-122 and I'm 120).
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    No but the vast majority of people are here for weight loss. MFP is mostly a calorie calculator. You can set your goal to gain weight if you want, but if you're looking to improve musculature, there are probably better tools
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I believe this site is all about health and fitness - regardless of your goals. There are many on here with the goal of losing, maintaining, or just getting more fit and healthy. Whatever your goal - good luck!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    MFP is mostly a calorie calculator.

Exactly. I was using it to lose but currently I use it to track calories to ensure I get enough on running days. As stated above most people are using it to lose but any time you have the need to track food for any purpose this is a good tool. As far as I know it is sort of set up to cheer for you when you lose but you can set your goal to be more than you weigh now. It doesn't gripe at you unless you eat over your calorie goal which you yourself set. By "gripe" I mean it shows the calories in red instead of green.