Can somebody help me?

Options
I do like a 12 minute work out in the mornings like: 20 sit ups, 20 jumping jaks, 20 wall push ups, walking in place for 2 minutes, jogging in place for 2 minutes (found), and 20 leg lifts. I can't figure out how to add them to my exercise chart. I can't find some of them and the ones I do find like: sit ups I don't understand what it means by sets and repititions. I can't find the other ones on the list and I'm not sure how to add it manually. I do housework everyday from picking up after my kids, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, making my bed, sometimes rearranging and dusting, and I handwash my car maybe once a week. I like to be clean and organized. I sparatically do some of these things throughout the day. I don't time them. like picking up after my kids. I walk 75 minutes a day 7 days a week. Somedays I can only do 50, but I try to get in at least 75. I wanted to add in more exercise because
I am currently trying to get 1200 calories in. I was going below 1000 for a while and that is not good. I was afraid that if I picked my calorie intake up I would not lose weight. I have been losing weight fast. I liked that, but, I need to do this the right way. I don't wan't a quick fix. This is the way I will eat for the rest of my life so I need to be healthy about it.

Thanks for any help!

Brenda

Replies

• cutiepie32
    Options
    I do like a 12 minute work out in the mornings like: 20 sit ups, 20 jumping jaks, 20 wall push ups, walking in place for 2 minutes, jogging in place for 2 minutes (found), and 20 leg lifts. I can't figure out how to add them to my exercise chart. I can't find some of them and the ones I do find like: sit ups I don't understand what it means by sets and repititions. I can't find the other ones on the list and I'm not sure how to add it manually. I do housework everyday from picking up after my kids, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, making my bed, sometimes rearranging and dusting, and I handwash my car maybe once a week. I like to be clean and organized. I sparatically do some of these things throughout the day. I don't time them. like picking up after my kids. I walk 75 minutes a day 7 days a week. Somedays I can only do 50, but I try to get in at least 75. I wanted to add in more exercise because
    I am currently trying to get 1200 calories in. I was going below 1000 for a while and that is not good. I was afraid that if I picked my calorie intake up I would not lose weight. I have been losing weight fast. I liked that, but, I need to do this the right way. I don't wan't a quick fix. This is the way I will eat for the rest of my life so I need to be healthy about it.

Thanks for any help!

Brenda
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    First of all sets and repetitions are workout routine terms and in your case for sit ups it would be 1 set 20 repetitions and no weight. There will be times later in your training when you will break your exercises into 10 rep sets go through the entire routine and then repeat it. When you get to that point you will enter 2 sets at 10 reps each and so on.

If you don't find an exercise routine open a new tab or window and search the web for exercises you are interested in and then go back to the exercise page in MFP and enter the data and include it in your daily log.

I hope this helps. Bob
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Count it as circuit training or calistenics -is this what you are asking?
  • cutiepie32
    Options
    Thank You very much Bob that helps me alot!!

Brenda
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    My second favorite site after MFP...caloriesperhour.com...will probably give you calories burned count for all of the activities you listed...v :flowerforyou:
  • cutiepie32
    Options
    Thank You for your help everyone!