When fun sizes aren't so fun

Options
ckmama
ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
I made the choice to buy V-day candy on sale yesterday. I bought 3 bags of fun size snickers, kit kats, and reese's hearts....now my food diary looks like a candy shop.

Oh fun size, where is your sting? where is your victory?:sad:

Why! WHY! WHY!

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Reeses hearts? Nooooooo I just saw they have Reeses eggs- my fave ever- but I didn't get them. I could eat a billion of them! You should take them to work and pawn them off on others :)
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    tell me about it!!! i totally powered through a bag of reese's hearts over the weekend. in my defense, my mother-in-law sent them. fun size=so much fun you'll eat the whole f'n bag.

urgh. :grumble:
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    OMG, the reese's that come out on holidays - christmas trees - valentine's hearts - easter eggs - KILL Me. I love those things. And the worst thing that I found this year - they make a super size version now! It has doubled in size! I cannot stop myself from eating the whole thing. Seriously, those are so hard for me not to eat. WHY WHY WHY? I have no problem not eating the regular PB cups!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Just picked up a bag of pink, red, and white M&Ms. 1.5oz = like 220 cals. I'll probably let myself have an ounce every couple of days. mmmm chocolate :)
  • teb1215
    Options
    Haha! Man, that's exactly why I won't buy those things when I'm trying to be a good girl. They are WAY too tempting for me to just leave them alone.
  • jenniann125
    Options
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.......I AM LIKE AN ALCOHOLIC WHEN IT COMES TO CHOCOLATE!!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I feel for those who hear the call of the fun sized candy bar. I used to be unable to rest until I ate "ALL" of whatever "forbidden" food I had in my house. When I made a conscious decision that I had to stop "dieting" and develop a coping strategy that would result in weight loss and better health, I decided I would not make ANY food "off limits." My mantra is P L A N N I N G.

I don't always succeed--there's this thing called being human--only last weekend I was tripped up by the heat of the moment--a late night Wii bowling tournament :noway: and 2 too many BudLights!! (:laugh::laugh:

As far as candy is concerned, I decided that I could still have candy--just LESS of it, and for me the snack size bars are a lifesaver (no pun intended). One of my favorite candy bars is Almond Joy. I can have a snack size of that for about 80 calories and call it "dessert" and the package I am working on now has been in my house at least 3 weeks and there are still more than half of the bars remaining in it.

I do the same thing with Ginger Snaps, 2 of them in the brand I buy are about 60 calories and that is another "dessert" option.

My achilles heel are "Newman Oh's Ginger Cremes--ginger snap sandwich cookies :heart: Those things have to have been created by the devil himself:devil::noway: --I love them, but will NOT let them in the house because they are a "trigger food" for binging big time--much like snack size candy bars are for others.

Be strong, plan, and you can still enjoy a treat without undoing all your hard work, but if you know something makes you lose control, find a subsitute that doesn't and keep the offending item OUT of your environment!!

Good luck to all!!:flowerforyou: