Lululemon

Options

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I felt the same ay about athleta - very pricey also BUT the quality is amazing - and things stay in place where they are supposed to etc etc
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of Lululemon yoga pants (a $80 "value") for a gift. They're not nearly as comfortable as the Green Apple yoga pants I got from Marshall's for $15.

The gift was from a friend in Vancouver who worked there for a couple years, but even she admitted that the quality is not the same as it was
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    They make your butt and legs look good. LOVEEE seeing women in them lol. I even have a couple buddies who wear their v-neck shirts. I still give them **** for it but hey they're really comfortable apparently.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of pairs of their pants when they were (I think) still a relatively new company, about 5 years ago. I still have them and they've held up great!
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I have one pair of shorts from lululemon, and had a pair of yoga pants that shrunk horribly in the wash, pilled and fell apart. Super expensive, doesn't fit me that great, and poor quality. I'd rather buy from Nike any day (not that Nike's cheap, but to me the quality is much higher). Some people are cult like about lululemon, which I do not understand at all.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I drool over their jackets...
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    They are expensive, but the quality is alot better than yoga pants you would find at Reitmans, Old Navy, or Walmart.

I only own one pair becuase I am not rich LOL, but they do make me look hot! haha! and the color has not faded.
    My gf gave me an old pair of Lulu shorts that I lounge in and they are black as brand new.

I swear though, I workout alot harder in my lulu's, they change my mindset. HAHAHA so ridiculous, but it's true.

ETA: I also love their scuba hoodies, but they aren't cut for my body.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my stuff from lululemon, but I wear it all the time, so I can justify the price. I can wear sweatpants to my job most of the time (although I am a lawyer who has to dress up for clients/court), so they function as my "work clothes" too. I don't see how it's any different than spending $100 on a dress to go out in, as long as you get use out of them.

I've also had some of my pairs of pants for four years and they still look & feel great, which is more than I can say for my other workout clothes.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I bought some pants there because I had a gift card and they are so amazingly lovely. Also they make my butt look like gold.

That being said, I don't think I will ever buy anything else there (unless I get another gift card). I have a really hard time justifying paying $98 for yoga pants.

I want MY butt to look like gold too.... Maybe $98 is considered cheap for a gold butt?? :wink:
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes, Lululemon is quite expensive. However, their products are durable and are tailored well to flatter your body.

Unfortunately, the two long sleeved running shirts I wear are too large, and are tailored in such a way that they do not have side seams. I will have to create side seams to take them in.

I heard of a warehouse sale during Boxing Week in Ottawa, where the prices are much more reasonable. I will definitely be looking into this.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If you have "C" tatas or above, the bras are worth the price!
    I have 2 of them & their sox are great to run in--no blistering if you're running distance.
    I couldn't afford the pants or tops, but if I had loads of $$, I'd buy all of my running apparel from LuLu
    :)

Yes, and this. I have 32 FF's. Their 34 DD bras are the most supportive bra that I can find. Additionally, their bras (the bra is called TaTa Tamer) DO last a long time.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    So I kept hearing this particular brand of workout hear talked about online and at the gym and decided to check out their website.

What the frak everybody? What's the deal with this stuff?

Sure some of the stuff was nice enough looking, but jaysus, I could start building up a weight rack for at home for the price of one outfit from this brand! Does anyone actually buy this stuff?

I had never heard of them until recently. Before I heard about them, I stumbled upon their new store at my local mall. I walk in and I'm like, "where can I find like gym pants?". She points me to the gym pants and I said to myself, "ummm, I love the finer things in life and all, but not on gym pants"

I won't skimp on watches, cars, shoes, and electronics, but gym pants don't typically fit into that equation for me. Too much room for error, especially if you dry them and they shrink.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The only single item of clothing I ever paid $100 or more for was my wedding dress. I choose to spend money on other things.
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The one near me has free yoga classes on Sunday mornings (and tea and snacks after). They rotate a lot of local yoga instructors so its nice to test drive and free is awesome!

But you are staring at these beautiful $98 pants while you are in down dog. I try on their stuff all the time... and my butt has never looked as good as in does in Lulu pants...ever...
    Alas, my mortgage payment comes first.

My 10 year old niece lives in a wealthy town near me... and the $12 headbands are all the rage with the girls in town. They insist on having them in every color... so now they want t-shirts and the rest. Gotta love 10 year olds whose headband budget is higher than my entire budget!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Yes, Lululemon is quite expensive. However, their products are durable and are tailored well to flatter your body.

Agreed, they are tailored well. Nothing I try on there looks bad. And they do free hemming if you need it.
    I also have a big chest and never feel like I would fall out of their tops
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I wear lululemon and lucy.

The stuff isn't too expensive if you buy it on sale, and they have sale racks in the stores constantly. I have a bunch of stuff from each store, and they have held up so well over the years.

Lucy is just as cute, with great quality, and the prices are lower btw.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Curse you and curse your post. My lululemon checkout is complete.

I'll be cursing you again when I see my credit card statement, mark my words
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    If you have "C" tatas or above, the bras are worth the price!
    I have 2 of them & their sox are great to run in--no blistering if you're running distance.
    I couldn't afford the pants or tops, but if I had loads of $$, I'd buy all of my running apparel from LuLu
    :)

Which? Most of those look like they wouldn't hold me up doing dishes, let alone running. But I'm always on the lookout for a better bra!

ETA - *pro tip to self: Read the whole thread next time.... Off to Tame my Tatas.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I bought some pants there because I had a gift card and they are so amazingly lovely. Also they make my butt look like gold.

That being said, I don't think I will ever buy anything else there (unless I get another gift card). I have a really hard time justifying paying $98 for yoga pants.

I want MY butt to look like gold too.... Maybe $98 is considered cheap for a gold butt?? :wink:

haha that's a good way to look at it! I think the secret is in the sizing. They do number sizes (4, 6, 8, etc.) instead of S M L so they are VERY tailored (well, as compared to cheaper yoga pants somewhere else that are S M L) and I think that's how you get the golden butt.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    No joke, their men's underwear are like the comfiest thing I've ever worn. expensive but worth the treat.
    I laughed at my friend for owning a pair. Now I own two myself.
    and occasionally I get asked "are you wearing neon orange lululemon underwear??!"
    and I reply "dude you have no idea how great my balls feel right now."