Natural vs. added sugars

Options
Hello all,

I searched to see if I could find an old post about this, but nothing gave me a definite answer.

MFP gives me a sugar limit of 24 grams per day. Is that just processed sugar or sugar overall? ie: fruit, veggies, etc?

Even 1 cup of green grapes puts me over that mark.

It's easy to avoid the "hard stuff" like candy, but I miss eating berries & grapes. Even broccoli & carrots have sugar. Should I really be avoiding these things?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Replies

• mrsgiffin
    Options
    im interested to know this too!! I dont get it! I always go over!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Here's some answers in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81844-why-am-i-always-over-on-sugar

Hope this helps!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Natural sugars as found in fruits and veggies are okay. It is the processed sugars you need to stay away from as much as possible. There was just a post on a forum here not too long ago...."sugar is your enemy" or something like that. Search for it..
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are so full of valuable nutrients, I don't worry about having too many. I've never known someone to be overweight because they ate too many fruits and vegetables.

Refined and processed sugars, on the other hand, should be limited to no more than 4 grams at a time.
  • nettiemacd
    nettiemacd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not sure about MFP, but an awesome natural, no carb, no cal, sugar sub is Stevia. Check it out!