Most memorable Christmas and/or Christmas gift...

Options
SyStEmPhReAk
SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
For those of you who celebrate, what is your most memorable Christmas and/or Christmas gift? Here are mine:

Most memorable Christmas: 2002 - My grandmother was in the hospital and actually passed away the next day, but on Christmas day we were all there with her. I had the hospital dinner (which was actually pretty good), and had some time alone with her in her room while I was eating. I can remember thinking about how special Christmas always was with her and then thinking how different things were that day. It truly was amazing to have a little time with her alone.

Most memorable Christmas gift: I must've been 3, maybe four and I got this HUGE Spiderman coloring book. I mean, the thing was as tall as I was. It was standing in front of the tree and I was in awe of how big the book was. I'll never forget that!

Your turn...

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My most memorable would have to be last year. It’s the first time since I moved to NV that I got to spend Christmas with my mom; and consequently, the first my kids have ever spent with her. We didn’t tell the kids she was coming (although the beans were almost spilled a couple of times). So, I picked them up from school the day she got in town & went about business as usual. When we got home and the kids saw Nanny chillin’ on the couch, yeah…that was pretty awesome!

The most memorable gift…well, that’s actually a birthday present I got a few years ago from my mom. It’s a piece of glass from the Spectrum that’s all scratched up from use during many a Flyers game. And it’s embossed with the signatures of the ‘73-‘74/’74-‘75 Stanley Cup teams! She sent it to work & when I opened it I was literally bouncing up & down in my chair…the awesomeness of this gift knows no bounds.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    So sweet :heart:

My most memorable Christmas: 2003 - I was pregnant with my 4th child and was sitting on the couch with my husband, it was late and we were watching it's a wonderful life and I felt her kick for the first time :) It was a very nice Christmas gift.

Most memorable gift: Hmm this one is a tough one. The one that stands out most in my mind is when I was a kid, maybe about 9-10 years old I really wanted a barbie magic voyager. Now I never in a million years thought I would get it since my mother liked to buy knock off gifts. For example I wanted a cabbage patch kid, and she bought me a sunshine kid lol Anyway she got the genuine deal I was squealing with delight!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Tough question.

Memorable Christmas - the first Christmas my - then girlfriend, now wife - spent together. We had just moved to Baltimore, and had little money. I remember we bought a pitiful fake tree from Target. Wolvette bought stockings and decorated them with glue and glitter. I saved up to buy her the newest item, an iPod nano (with 2 whole GBs of space).

Most memorable gift - 1992 - 1 was a senior in high school. I had asked for a guitar when I was ages 8-13. I had taken my mother's per-requisite of piano lessons when I was in 5th and 6th grade. I still didn't have a guitar, and by 17 I had given up hope. I remember that my mom and my grandparents went in to get me a guitar, amp, & gig bag. The thing that was maddening was the order in which i received them. I didn't get the guitar first. I got the amp from my parents in the morning. Then I got the gig bag from one set of grandparents in the afternoon and had to wait aaaalll day into the evening to get the actual guitar from my other set of grandparents.

This last summer I passed that guitar on to my nephew.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Most memorable Christmas: The year I ran into my brother while sledding and broke his leg.
    Most memorable gift: Last year my wife gave me a bib board for my running bibs. Simple yet personal and well used this year.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My most memorable Christmas was a couple of years ago when I spent my first (and only) Christmas away from my daughter. I was miserable and it took me a couple of hours to even get out of bed and control my tears.

The most memorable gift was a stray puppy that my Mom and Dad rescued for us. We named him Chris. We was the best dog ever. I still dream about his sweet face. :sad:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Most memorable Christmas was 2003. My entire family flew (from the midwest) to the mountains of Washington where my sister's in-laws have a cabin. 8 adults and a 2 month old baby in a 3 bedroom cabin for a week. It was great! All of us "kids" played in the snow, went sledding, cut down an actual forest tree for our christmas tree and we made ornaments for it. Each couple took a night to cook, etc. A very special time to just spend with family without the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

Most memorable gift? Christmas 2000....my engagement ring.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    :heart: Most memorable christmas and gift 2006! My first child was born Christmas Eve at 10:51pm!:heart: