new hrm and kcals?

Options
I just bought an Omron hrm with a chest strap and I input my information into. I walked for 2.5 mph on the treadmill with a random incline setting (from 0-7) and after working out for that long and reached my heart rate of 125-126, it said my kcals were only 126? Does that sound correct? Im still trying to get a good understanding of how kcals work so idk if this is right. I also did arm and ab exercises before cardio ans at that time it said 92 kcal. Can someone clarify this for me? Or does my hrm suck? Lol...

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    how long?
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could be right. A heart rate of 126 is really not very high. How much time did you spend working out?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    How long were you on the treadmill? It could be right unless you were on for an hour or something crazy like that.

Also, did you do what the directions said? I know for my HRM, it says to wet the strap and if I don't, it doesn't read right. Also, it can't be lose
  • GetZaaZaaFit
    GetZaaZaaFit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I knew I was forgetting to add something. I did treadmill for 40 mins. And prior to that maybe 15 of weights and ab work. You know, I didnt wet the strap before; but I sweated enough to get it wet lol. I had it fit snug basically under my bra band.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I knew I was forgetting to add something. I did treadmill for 40 mins. And prior to that maybe 15 of weights and ab work. You know, I didnt wet the strap before; but I sweated enough to get it wet lol. I had it fit snug basically under my bra band.

Good for the placement but I think it's probably cause you didn't wet it before so it couldn't get a good read when you started. Next time, try wetting it before putting it on, I run mine under water (or if I'm running out the door, I'll lick where the sensors are-yeah kinda gross but it's my own sweat :laugh: ) Hopefully that works for you!
  • GetZaaZaaFit
    GetZaaZaaFit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea to me! Lol so basically whatever the hrm says the kcals it is no matter how long I work out...thats what I burnt? Kinda confused cause the kcal didn't "grow into that number" and didnt get higher than that. It always seemed to stay the number my heart rate was at.