12 weeks and 60 pounds gone!

Options

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

*psst* How does ELLM= Eat Less Move More.... shouldn't it be ELMM?

Was wondering this myself.

Does it make me a bad person if I don't care what he meant??
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If ya'll dont Care or dont Agree or dont Like what's posted then why bother to comment on the Post...jus ignorant..She/He not telling YOU to do it, She/He jus sayin what they did on Their post...Such Kids on this site..Grow Up

and it Is ELMM {Eat Less, Move More} (not the first time they've mentioned it)..i think he/she was typing too fast
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Oops, yes, I meant ELMM.
  • ambate2
    Options
    Ah, cool! In general, that's what me and my husband have been doing. Congrats on your lose and keep up the good work!
  • 4kuykesh
    4kuykesh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If ya'll dont Care or dont Agree or dont Like what's posted then why bother to comment on the Post...jus ignorant..She/He not telling YOU to do it, She/He jus sayin what they did on Their post...Such Kids on this site..Grow Up

and it Is ELMM {Eat Less, Move More} (not the first time they've mentioned it)..i think he/she was typing too fast

Agree - lots of petty behavior....
  • StarTrekkinDelta
    StarTrekkinDelta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! o-o Nice Job! (: Keep at it! Congratulations!
  • blueeyess55
    blueeyess55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Seriously, this site should be called My Judgmental Pal, lol!

I think its a fantastically simple plan! Congrats bowhunter!
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    ELMM = Eat Less Move More.

Portion control and working out now 4 days a week. Eating great food and burning 700 to 900 cals each day at the gym.

Week 1. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 2. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 3. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 4. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 5. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 6. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 7. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 8. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 9. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 10. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 11. eat 1400 calories a day and work out 4 days a week.
    Week 12. eat 1400 calories a day and work out 4 days a week.

I have a lot to lose (164 pounds) and I understand it comes off fast at first but I am committed to reaching the goal and then maintaining. Im doing this under the guidance and supervision of a few folks including my PCP, a diabetes class I have been attending for the last twelve weeks and other support folks like a registered dietician. Im only taking a multi vit along with additional D and B12. No special foods (just less of it) and sweating a lot at the gym. Simple math, burn more calories than you take in. Kicking it old school.

What happens after week 12?
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Portion control and working out now 4 days a week. Eating great food and burning 700 to 900 cals each day at the gym.

I have a lot to lose (164 pounds) and I understand it comes off fast at first but I am committed to reaching the goal and then maintaining. Im doing this under the guidance and supervision of a few folks including my PCP, a diabetes class I have been attending for the last twelve weeks and other support folks like a registered dietician. Im only taking a multi vit along with additional D and B12. No special foods (just less of it) and sweating a lot at the gym. Simple math, burn more calories than you take in. Kicking it old school.

The world ends.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up :)
  • thebowhunter
    Options

You go onto week 13 and so on and so fourth until you lose all the weight you want and then you find a proper balance of calories and exercise to maintain the new and healthy weight. It might be a 2000 cal a day plan with 2 workouts a week or it might be something else. I will let you know when I get there. I am excited to find out.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I am so proud of you...cheering you on big time:drinker: --WOOT!!!!!! :love: You WILL make you goal and maintain it too--NEVER let the naysayers distract nor dissuade you, EVER!

Also...here's a calculator that can help with reduced cals over time to help reach goals too:

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

The calorie calculator is very useful for weight management as it displays how many calories are needed over the specified period of time. It keeps track of your weight loss and calories required. The less you weigh, the fewer calories you will need to take in for weight loss to continue.
  • voleibolchica9
    voleibolchica9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, how much are you consuming and how long and vigorous are your workouts? I've been at 221 for over a month. I usually eat the same thing daily to stay under my basal metabolic rate of 1800. I feel like giving up. It's very frustrating to own a scale where the number will not change.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congrats, amazing work!
  • doreenindetroit
    Options

You go onto week 13 and so on and so fourth until you lose all the weight you want and then you find a proper balance of calories and exercise to maintain the new and healthy weight. It might be a 2000 cal a day plan with 2 workouts a week or it might be something else. I will let you know when I get there. I am excited to find out.

I love you comment "kicking it old school". Portion control and exercise... and everybody thinks this is some hidden secret. You're proof of what common sense and commitment can accomplish. Congrats and good luck to you and your health!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Yes when you weight more you lose faster, apparently no one has heard of this before. When I started I was loosing 5-10 pounds a week. What's more is you're working with your doctor...but I guess message boards know better ;)

Try not to let petty people get you down, you're well on your way.

For everyone asking how much he consumes:

"Week 1. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.

I have a lot to lose (164 pounds) and I understand it comes off fast at first but I am committed to reaching the goal and then maintaining. Im doing this under the guidance and supervision of a few folks including my PCP, a diabetes class I have been attending for the last twelve weeks and other support folks like a registered dietician. Im only taking a multi vit along with additional D and B12. No special foods (just less of it) and sweating a lot at the gym. Simple math, burn more calories than you take in. Kicking it old school. "
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Try not to let petty people get you down, you're well on your way.

Oh good heavens no, I pretty much accept that there are ignorant and cranky people all over the world and that they enjoy hearing themselves talk. They dont get me down. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!