Knocking/rubbing in spine when I walk

Options
For the past 4 days, every time I walk I can hear and feel this rubbing and knocking sound in my spine. It feels like my vertebrae are rubbing together and then shifting off each other. No idea if that's accurate in any way, but that's how it feels.

I can't quite pinpoint where it is coming from but it feels like it might be my lower back. It doesn't really hurt while I'm walking but it is definitely disconcerting to hear and feel with every step. I'm worried that it's going to get worse. When I sit for a while my lower back starts to hurt recently as well. I want to work out but I'm scared about exacerbating it.

Any ideas? Has this happened to any of you? If so- did it go away eventually or did you need to get medical attention?

Thanks!

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    always a good idea to have something like that checked out. I would suggest maybe getting checked over by a Chiropractor. Could be something as simple as needing to be adjusted.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Your spine is nothing to be messing with. Get to a doctor or chiropractor.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely go to a doctor for diagnosis. You don't want to mess around with spinal problems.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely go to a doctor for diagnosis. You don't want to mess around with spinal problems.

I'm with this... A doctor should definitely be on your to do list soon..
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the advice. I was hoping to avoid going to the doctor (have terrible insurance through school) but definitely understand how serious spine problems can be. I suppose it was wishful thinking it will just go away :)