Am I a candidate for Insanity workout?

Options
I am really intrigued about this Insanity workout that I keep seeing posts about. I have been doing a little research, but just want to figure out if I am a good candidate to start this? I have 40+ lbs to go (lost 14 so far, in 13 weeks) and have been doing cardio about 4x/week for 3 months. I read that this workout is "not for beginners", and I guess I just don't know what qualifies somebody as a beginner..?? I am looking to lose inches and gain much more endurance and stamina! Does anybody know if this is the kind of workout that really "fit" people do just to lose the last couple of pounds &/or inches? Or is this good for someone looking to lose many inches, and make an overall body change? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Are you someone who wants to do workouts that are more grueling than is required to lose weight? If so then you are a candidate.
  • kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try P90X before you try Insanity. They are similar but P90X isn't quite as intense.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Sure I think you could do it. I was overweight when I did it. Most people can't keep up but you just do the best you can and you will see improvement. It's a great workout!