sometimes its worth going over your calories...

AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was doing awesome and had about 100 calories left for the day I wasn't going to eat. I was under everything except for sodium. I had a great 600 calorie burning workout.

Then my hubby called and asked me, did you get a workout in today? I said yes. He then asks, do you have any calories left? I said some but not a lot. He comes home with a small dairy queen blizzard for me. It was so sweet because he was thinking about my calorie counting and still wanted to get me a treat at the same time. (He didn't know that the ice cream has SOOO many calories in it) but it was the thought that counts. I ate half and really enjoyed going over my calories by 250. :heart:

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    He sounds like a real sweetheart. :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I've found that if I go over on my calories every once in a while - like once a week. And if I don't go WAY over, I will actually lose more weight that week. So I'll pass on my 'weight-loss-voo-doo' to you so you can enjoy your half a blizzard. :-)
  • AnneElise
    I've found that if I go over on my calories every once in a while - like once a week. And if I don't go WAY over, I will actually lose more weight that week. So I'll pass on my 'weight-loss-voo-doo' to you so you can enjoy your half a blizzard. :-)

I sure hope this is true :D
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Awesome hubby!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    First off how sweet of the hubby :heart: second you have to go over once in a while as long as its not to far out there. I allow a treat every few weeks. I do just what you did I eat half (kinda like having your cake and eating it too) I find when I hit a wall and the weight wont continue to come off that little bit of over kicks it back in again. :bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    Thanks all, i thought he was very sweet to do that.
  • That was sweet :) I have heard that it's good to occasionally go over on your calories because it tricks your body's metabolism. You have to surprise it every once in a while. Also it keeps you from going crazy and totally overindulging.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    That is SO sweet!!! My hubby went to the grocery this weekend and came back with all sorts of fruit cups and fat free cheeses...he was so excited to show me the calorie count. It feels so good to have someone on board with me in the house!
  • AnneElise
    That is SO sweet!!! My hubby went to the grocery this weekend and came back with all sorts of fruit cups and fat free cheeses...he was so excited to show me the calorie count. It feels so good to have someone on board with me in the house!

aww that is so sweet! yours was even getting you healthy food... haha mine not so much!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    awww. <3 i think you have a keeper!
This discussion has been closed.