• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    A pointless exercise in micro managing your carbohydrate intake

High carbs some days then low carbs other days
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who used to do it. Basically 2 days out of the week she ate little to no carbs at all. Always coming in under 50, then the rest of the week she ate as many carbs as she wanted. Those 2 days she did drop weight, but it all came back once she upped her carbs again
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ok, first of all it isn't pointless. It is a great way for SOME people to manage calorie intake - just like IF and other methods of calorie control. Second of all, 2 days a week is NOT carb cycling.

Carb cycling is used either for people who are heavy lifting (in which case they carb backload - eat very low carb on non lifting days and then high carb on lifting days after a work out) or people trying to drop weight (generally this is 6 days a week of 30g of carbs or less and one day a week of eating high carbs). you will lose a lot of water weight if you carb cycle and that weight will come back if you start eating carbs again, but it also helps you manage your calorie intake (it is very hard to eat too many calories and stay under 30g of carbs). It works for some people, not for others. Some people could never give up carbs. For me, it is just an easy way to control what I eat (it makes decision making at restaurants a lot easier).

you can google it and read a ton on it. lots of different approaches. Like I said, not for everyone. but if it works for you it will work well.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's not pointless for everyone. For people with low body fat percentages its a very useful tool for further cutting body fat. If you're a male at 10-12% body fat and want to get down to 7-8% you probably need to do things like carb cycling and refeeds to achieve that goal. Basically, you time your carb consumption to coincide with your body's maximum ability to use those carbs for things other than fat production (i.e. immediately after a hard workout so most of the carbs go to glycogen replenishment).
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I carb cycle.. Until I logged my intake of food, I never knew that I always done it.. Guess that is why when I didn't workout the past 6 years I was able to still be at a very low body fat percentage.

In my case and many others.. it works for me...

its a 2low, 5 high. 1 low, 5 high, 2 low ... it's also known as a zig zag.. just on some days.. .take out bread altogether...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I carb cycle.. Until I logged my intake of food, I never knew that I always done it.. Guess that is why when I didn't workout the past 6 years I was able to still be at a very low body fat percentage.

In my case and many others.. it works for me...

its a 2low, 5 high. 1 low, 5 high, 2 low ... it's also known as a zig zag.. just on some days.. .take out bread altogether...

Yeah it probably had nothing to do with caloric intake
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    A pointless exercise in micro managing your carbohydrate intake

High carbs some days then low carbs other days

brah...smh