Does Cashiering change my activity level?

Options
So I work about 30 hours a week as a cashier, and I was wondering what that would put my activity level at.. Besides work and being a student, I don't really do a whole lot. Sometimes horseback riding or bowling or some other ridiculous thing my friends have me up to, but I really want to know how cashiering effects my activity level, so I can get on track the right way. I know, already I'm not eating enough to lose weight, so what do you think?

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Being a cashier would put you in atleast the "lightly active " category. If you do more than that it may start creeping in the "moderately active"
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Being a cashier would be lightly active I guess, but if you are going to school and travelling a lot plus exercising I would put your level to moderate. I work in a deli in a supermarket and I do up to 10,000 steps for a 5 hour shift! I suggest buying a fitbit they are amazing at finding out your activity level.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Standing doesn't burn significantly more calories than sitting. Unless you're stocking shelves or lifting a lot I'd leave your activity level as sedentary.