New to MFP!!! GOD Help ME!!!

Options
Ok my friend told me about this website, i thought why can I not lose weight? I do not eat alot, HA!!!! When I made my first entry today my first thought was OMG!!! You have got to be kidding me. I had gone way over on my calories :( . What a sad pathetic person am I. The first thing I wanted to do was run to dairy queen and buy a blizzard....lol...not. After starting this I am thinking that I am gonna be oh so not wanting to eat anything. My vise is coca cola....oh my God how am I ever gonna give that up? Its like I am sitting here blogging and stressing!!! I do not smoke I do not drink. But maybe I should start....lol...so wish me luck....here i go...:sad:

679788.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• BumpInTheNight
    Options
    It's easier than you think once you get going :) You can do this!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and you're not pathetic...cos if you are, I am too. :tongue: You can do it, and MFP is an awesome little helper.
  • DrinkWine
    DrinkWine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys,,,appreciate the support....
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :smile: Don't think it's crazy...I was the same way. Like OMG that is what I ate, that is what I was thinking. :huh: Kind of scarry.:grumble: Once you get started here I agree it is SOOO easy to log everything. This is the best site I have ever found. Take each day as a new day. You will do great!:drinker:
  • alicew789
    Options
    you're not at all pathetic. think of this site as a guide...you'll remember today and you'll do better tomorrow. I just started last week and I'm having a tough time meeting my calories which shocked the heck outta me! And I GAINED weight last week which blew my mind. But it's day by day. It's a trial :) But the support here is fantastic. People here are so positive and helpful in their comments. Losing weight is far from easy, but it definitely helps to have a community behind you, cheering you on. You can do this!! Meal by meal, exercise by exercise. Good luck!
  • RubyRedGrapeFruit
    Options
    We all have the ability to do this. You have to WANT to do this. You have to NEED to do this for yourself. We. Can. Do. This. You're already on your way. Being aware of what you're eating is a great start. If you feel tempted to eat something you know would make you go over your calories, come on this site. Blog about it. Ask people for motivation. Poke around and look at other people's sites. Make new friends. We're all in this together. We all need encouragement. GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • DrinkWine
    Options
    Yay I am so happy all these people who do nt know me and all this supprt....WOW!!!!! I am ULTRA EXCITED NOW!!!!!:love:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    My first day I went over by 1000! Now that I'm aware of how many calories are in things I have been coming in under my goal. It does get easier and better. Just stick with it! And you have tons of support here!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place:wink: ..you will find that it is easier than what you think:smile: ..just make sure an use this site to the best of your ability..there is alot of great tools..you can even go to setting and track your sugar, sodium and other levels..I done that and found out that I was taking in way to much sodium.:noway: .and there is lots of people on here to offer you the encouragment that you need.:heart: .as for the pop I gave it up..just stop drinking it one day and never picked it up again.:drinker: .you can do this..I was a very heavy pop drinker..now I drink water ,water and more water,:bigsmile: sometimes flavored water and green tea..just get it set in your mind that this is a life style change not a diet..:smile:

I wish you the best of luck:flowerforyou:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place!!!! Dont be too hard on yourself we were all lost before we found this site, that's why we are all overweight. For you Coke problem try Coke Zero it's not that bad and it will save you a lot of calories. Oh yeah, NO dairy queen, just kidding.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You're not pathetic. You had the brains to come here didn't you? :wink:

You've got this. I know you can do it and just think of how different you're life is going to be a year from now. Think of the energy, the confidence, the satisfaction, the pride in yourself...that you'll be feeling. Trust me, it's a GOOOOOOOD feeling! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Best of luck to you! Let me know if I can help! :smile:

-Tam
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    In my opinion the hardest thing was getting my mind set that I am going to do this. Once you have decided that youre 1/2 way there. You mentioned that your vise is Coke....not sure how much you drink but if you cut a little out day by day you will be amazed at how much that will help. I used to drink A LOT of Pepsi and now none at all. You can do it, we are all here to help each other :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Oh, and here is something I recently wrote on the success thread. It's what helped me lose 135 lbs in about 16 months. I don't know everything. I just know what worked for me...and I truly did change my lifestyle. I used to think that idea was impossible...but not only is it very possible...but you don't have to suffer to do it. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81336-the-keys-to-my-success
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey I am on it with you LOL I lied to myself today and stopped posting when my calorie count got way up. And I totally feel you on the Coke its my all time favorite but trust me - Try the 8 glasses of water and you wont want one LOL I found that boiled eggs and tuna are good additions but not, unfortunatley Blizzards!! My weakness is chocolate and soda and bread Ha Ha LOL But I am determined to do this this time once and for all!!! I am going to start walking 3 times a week as well. Wish me luck and good luck to you too!!
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Ok my friend told me about this website, i thought why can I not lose weight? I do not eat alot, HA!!!! When I made my first entry today my first thought was OMG!!! You have got to be kidding me. I had gone way over on my calories :( . What a sad pathetic person am I. The first thing I wanted to do was run to dairy queen and buy a blizzard....lol...not. After starting this I am thinking that I am gonna be oh so not wanting to eat anything. My vise is coca cola....oh my God how am I ever gonna give that up? Its like I am sitting here blogging and stressing!!! I do not smoke I do not drink. But maybe I should start....lol...so wish me luck....here i go...:sad:

679788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:flowerforyou: Welcome :flowerforyou:

:noway: Isn't it amazing to find out how many calories are in the foods we eat daily? I remember when I started keeping track of this, I was just floored to see how many I was eating in a days time.

:smile: You have come to the right place. We are all here to help. Sometimes I come here just to read about everyones day or week and sometimes I feel the urge to let everyone know how my day has been. No matter what the reason, it helps to know I'm not alone, theres always someone to listen and help with my weight loss. I know you will enjoy it here. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will try to help you. :smile:
  • DrinkWine
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR POST AND COMMENTS I AM SO THRILLED TO BE HERE!!!! I AM READING ALL AND COUNTING ALL MY CALORIES AND TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY WITHOUT COKE IN THE INFAMOUS WORDS OF PEPPERMINT PATTY "AAARRRGGGHHHH" LOL
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I have only been on for 5 days so I feel your agony. You could not be more of a coke drinker than I was . I woke up in the moring with one in my hand and had one going all day long. Went to sleep with just one last drink of Coke. I quit cold turkey. First few days were awful, just plan awful! Now 5 days latter do I still want one heck yes! But I get a big glass of flavored water and pat myself on the back. Come on you can and will do this! Good Luck!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE SITE.ABOUT YEAR AGO I GAVE SMOKING AND SODA AT THE TIME IT WAS VERY HARD,BUT I DID IT NOW I JUST HAVE A LITTLE SODA HERE AND THERE AND DON'T LIKE THE TASTE,IT WAS THE BEST THING I DID.
    YOU CAN DO THIS I COULDN'T BELIEVE ALL THE CAL.I ATE IN ONE DAY TILL I STARTING TRACKING,JUST REMEMBER WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER.GOOD LUCK.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Ohh it's definitely a wake up call for everyone around here! I (luckily) gave up Diet Coke two years back and it was SO hard. I had such withdrawals and was a big *****. I occasionally drink it (Rum and Diet Coke) but can't stand the taste of it otherwise. I then switched to Ginger Ale, but gave that up just before I started here. I drink tea and water, and that's about it. Maybe a cup of coffee or two a week as well.

You can do it though! It's hard, but you'll feel fabulous when you quit! I've been on the site for three weeks and already lost 5.6 (20% of what I want to lose). Accountability is really key. Realizing what serving sizes are is key as well. I used to eat 2.5 times the recommended serving of Goldfish (guilty pleasure) a day. Now that I've counted them out for weeks, I can now visually determine. It gets easier and the results are awesome. Make sure you take measurements too. I still have yet to start, but it's a good way to see progress when the scales don't reflect any change.

Good luck!