Healthy for my kids!

Options
I have two beautiful, amazing children that are my life. I need to adopt a healthy weight and lifestyle so I can be around for them for a very long time. My other main reason for wanting to lose weight is the fact that I only have a couple of pictures of me with them. I hate pictures of myself so I don't take any with them. That absolutely breaks my heart. So my goal is to lose enough weight to be able to take pictures with them that I'll be happy with. I love them more than anything and I want to see it in pictures. :smile:

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place! You can do this! You will make yourself and them proud!!! :wink:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know exactly how you feel! I am hoping to be a ham in all kinds of pictures in the next month or so! I am down about 10 pounds but people are noticing, in my face too (just perfect for pictures!) Welcome!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :smile:

I was the same way. I would avoid a camera like the plague. Now, I take too many pics! I call it "photo therapy". Photos are more subjective and I think it takes the brain a little longer to catch up to what my body has done. So looking at photos helps me to see things in a different way than looking in the mirror does.

And my children are also a huge influence for me. When I started this...my oldest was only 9 months. He's 3 now. I met my goal weight a little over a year ago....(last January). And that same week, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2. Talk about a test. I didn't go back to my old ways. And now, I am healthy and strong for my two little boys. :)

You can do this and I bet that in a year...you're going to be living a new lifestyle! :flowerforyou:

Best of luck to you!!
    -Tam
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement!!! I hope you're right about that new lifestyle in a year Tam! I'm in the process of getting divorced (and it's a good thing, no one needs anyone that toxic in their life) so it's just going to be my 5 year old, my 3 year old and me. I think we're even going to move to FL at some point this year so I'm more than ready to embrace a new lifestyle.

I'm hoping that by joining this website, it'll help me be more aware and accountable. I have lost 18 pounds over the last 6 months or so but I have a ton more to go.