The chocolate was in my mouth before I even knew it...

AllisonMS
AllisonMS Posts: 104
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
As I was doing dishes tonight, my 5-year-old came in with a half-eaten Reese's Peanut Butter heart.

"You can have the rest, Mommy."

Well, Mommy took one big bite before even noticing it was in my mouth. Luckily, I figured it out as the deliciousness slid down my throat, and gave the rest to my son.

It was only one bite, after a day of perfect eating. I've been kicking myself all night long for it. I'm so mad at myself!

Unconscious eating, I know.

So hard to be aware at all times, you know?

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    there's no need to kick yourself over it. you probably did one simple thing during the day to burn it off anyways.
  • Don't be so hard on yourself... Bravo for not eating the whole thing and giving the rest to your son! I could've never done that!:tongue:
  • Just think of the smile on your baby's face knowing he shared with mommy....and sharing that bit of chocolatey goodness with that baby....it was worth it...:heart:

and you didn't cave and say, "oh well..might as well finish it"....so good for you and your dedication!!! :drinker:
  • If it makes you feel better, Even while consciously knowing I was close to my caloric limit for the day, I had two valentines chocolates. And just now, walking through the kitchen, I decided I didnt' care how close I was and had a third one. First big strike for me in about 10 days, but still.

Your willpower > mine.*

*And mine weren't even Reese's. Had they been, I would not have stopped at three. Reese's are just too good.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I'm so painfully aware of everything to do with food, I don't have the luxury of accidentally eating something. I wouldn't kick myself too hard for one bite...that amounts to basically nothing.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    why feel so guilty? I had a dark chocolate bar... i logged the 210 cals. I don't feel an ounce of guilt, it fit, i enjoyed it. nothng wrong with that once in a while. . . yes the unconcious part we have to learn to be consious of, but dont be so hard on yourself otherwise :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Okay, if you feel guilty over that, wait til you hear what I did.

I hate a hot dog. And some tater tots. And then I had some chocolate ice cream with the fudge swirls and the peanut butter cups. And I washed it ALL down with a coca-cola.

AND IT WAS ALL GOOD!!!!

And tomorrow is a new day and I'm 3 lbs from my goal and it'll all be okie dokie.
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Dont feel bad im eating chocolate as i respond. Yummy!!!!:bigsmile:
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    I know how you feel only i'm feeling the guilt over my son who made cookies ( w/ grandmas help) and I only ate a bite, enough to tell him they were delicous and he did a great job.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I'm so painfully aware of everything to do with food, I don't have the luxury of accidentally eating something. I wouldn't kick myself too hard for one bite...that amounts to basically nothing.

I am the same way!
  • Thanks, all!
    I so appreciate the different approaches and opinions and attitudes. And support!
  • michilynn
    michilynn Posts: 12 Member
    My daughter has one of those giant reese's hearts too! And I too took one bite out of it "accidentally"... It happens.... One bite won't ruin your diet if you don't let it...
This discussion has been closed.