LADIES...HOW MUCH LOST..DID RING SIZE CHANGE???

Options
I was looking at rings and started to wonder...how much can ones ring size possibly change in weight loss... I have about 60lbs to lose and my ring size is currently a size 6 1/2

Just curious how much weight y'all have lost and how much ur ring size changed?

Replies

• demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    ive lost 50 pounds, my rings are loose but not falling off.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. I've lost about 50 pounds and my wedding ring falls right off without the spacer in it. I'm waiting until I get to my goal to get it resized. My suggestion would be to not buy any rings until you are closer to your goal weight, if possible.
  • sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    at only a 10 pound loss my wedding ring is really loose, I think it depends on the person
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost 113 pounds and had to have my wedding rings resized. They went down 1 1/2 ring sizes.:drinker:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds and my rings are really loose, to the point of falling off if I shake my hand. My ring is a size 5 right now and can't be resized any lower due to the band width being too small. Not sure what I'm going to do about it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my fingers are where I notice weight loss first (as opposed to dropping trouser sizes). After 3 kg I had to move my engagement ring to my right hand from the left. (I am right handed.) Now I am wearing it on my left middle finger.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    20 pound loss and i've lost a little less than half a ring size. 4-5 pant sizes and half a shoe size
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I lost 37 lbs and re-sized my wedding ring from a 7 to a 6 after about 25 lbs lost.
  • fusion777
    Options
    I took my rings off and am too afraid to get them resized; we moved and can't go to our original jeweler. Any advice on how to find a new jeweler? I am going to check with friends who live local but I get so paranoid handing over my "precious" jewels and not getting the same ones back. I almost just want to keep them and not get them resized; isn't that so sad?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    A whole ring size with 30 lbs. I have fat-prone fingers though. We call them irish sausages in my family.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    mine depends on temperature... if it is hot, it fits snugly, if it is cold it falls off.
  • SeasonedVett
    SeasonedVett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my case, Oh yes! At the time when I lost 100lbs my ring finger, ring size went from 9-6. Now on the other hand, pun intended ;) lol, since I've regained 25lbs my rings are also feeling tighter. I can still get them off and on, but with a bit more tugging and wiggling :(
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    20lbs went from a 7 to 5.5
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i've lost 20lbs, and i've gone from a size 9 1/2 ring to a 9
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    70 lbs lost and I had to have it sized from a 10 to a 7.5
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, my wedding ring was cutting into my finger and I couldn't wear it somedays. Now it fits nicely. Lost 32 lbs.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've had my ring resized 4 times. Went from an 8 1/2 to currently a 6 1/2

EDIT: I know it's below, but just in case you don't see....49lbs lost.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs. my rings fall off. I want to get them resized, but won't until I maintain for a year. My reward!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    By around 30 lbs lost, I could wear my wedding ring on my middle finger.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You have to consider how much your ring size changed while you gained. (Okay, this is difficult if you've been heavy since childhood.) Myself, despite a 70 lb gain, I can still wear my wedding ring. (Well, it's a little uncomfortable, but I can still get it on and off.) So, since it didn't change much after gaining, I wouldn't expect it to change when I lose.

Oddly, though I haven't done well with the diet (exercise has been better), I already have found my wrist watch getting loose. And it's a metal band, so it's not stretching.