ultra low calorie diets - how do you cope

Options
124»

Replies

• CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I've enjoyed losing over 120 pounds eating a minimum of 2000 calories a day.
  • suckerlove
    Options
    I eat about 1000 calories a day and that is what me and my doctor decided what will be best for me. I have the same problem though, I crave bread and bread like products. I have no advice but just wanted to tell you, you aren't alone.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I wonder how badly you've damaged your metabolism and endocrine system on such a low caloric intake.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    GUYS HE DEACTIVATED.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Your doctor might have agreed but I'd get a new doctor...also all the weight you lose through that method; you'll gain right back and it'll bring friends...

Just do it the normal, natural way eat a normal lower calories (lower than your TDEE not lower than 1200. Since it sounds like you've wacked out your metabolism, it will take some time to get it normal again....but you can get it working again properly and lose weight in a healthy fashion.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    how about you guys look at my join date... for over a year i was religiously eating healthy, and less than 2000 calories, and it did **** all difference..

i starve myself one time, i lose 25 lbs...

look, i asked a specific question, then i specified i dont want to hear your opinions on what is or is not healthy.

bear in mind that my doctor, who has seen my entire medical file, has recommended this diet due to genetic problems of which you lot are unaware.

so either answer my question as asked or politely dont answer at all.

and im not being moody or grouchy, its just that while for you all, those higher lower rate burns work for you. they do not work for me, they didnt work for me when i followed the weight watchers diet, they didnt work on a calorie controlled, nurse supervised, eat what your told and nothing else do not deviate diet.

this works.

i asked for help

you all but shot me down for daring.

its not one rule for all you know.

Sorry-this is gonna sound snarky and that is NOT how it's intended BUT-if your physician thinks it's okay, then your physician should let you know how the bloody help for you to maintain it. PERIOD. It is apparent that nobody here can help answer the question the way you'd like to hear an answer. Ask your doctor how to do it.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    fonziejumpsshark3sl.gif
  • Bcd12
    Bcd12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Look at other diets that eat around 1200 to 1500 per day with a good cardio. There ate many 60 to 100 calorie treats that have reasonable carbs an low fat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Are they carb cravings or just plain food cravings? My bet is on the latter since 1,000 calories / day isn't something anybody with access to food should try to live on.

and they are carb cravings, not hunger... im not hungry on this diet as i fill up on high fiber low calorie foods, water, and healthy food.

but sometimes i want sugar, not food.

I save calories for sugar.

Listen to Helloitsdan. Send him a PM. He will help you. You are WAY too young to be starving.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Are they carb cravings or just plain food cravings? My bet is on the latter since 1,000 calories / day isn't something anybody with access to food should try to live on.

and they are carb cravings, not hunger... im not hungry on this diet as i fill up on high fiber low calorie foods, water, and healthy food.

but sometimes i want sugar, not food.

If you're sensitive to sugar, in all its various forms, then the best way to rid yourself of "cravings" is to avoid sugar in it's entirety. If you're into that sort of thing, check out the book "Wheat Belly" (i forget the author's name) It's written by a cardiologist, on his findings over the course of testing various patients. Interesting, if nothing else.

Bottom line though- if you have a sugar addiction, the only way to kick it is go cold turkey. It sucks *kitten* for a while, like detoxing any other "drug" but it will get better. Good Luck :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    WTF just happened on this thread lol.

i think he felt that a couple of people went after him and he got defensive and deactivated. that's a shame, because if he could have filtered out some of the posts he didn't like, some of us would have been able to reach out to him in a constructive way and given him some sound logical advice that would help him see that the increasing his calories enough to satiate his hunger and alleviate the binges, would have still left him losing weight at a pretty good rate.

Why do I always end up posting after OP deactivates? Oh that's right. I usually post before I've read the whole thread. :blushing:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    so ive tried all sorts of diets now, and ive found that if i eat less than 1000 calories a day, i lose weight (dont laugh)

i lose it really well,

but how do you deal with those carb cravings? i dont really get hunger pangs... i trained myself to enjoy those as evidence that im not over eating.

but sometimes i just want nothing more than to demolish a plate of danishes or 3 or 4 large sandwiches.

I just cant get myself past the first few days without giving in and swallowing a few thousand calories in simple sugars.

You have been losing really well NOT
    If you have been here over a year and have ONLY lost 25. I DON'T THINK SO.

You need to EAT to repair the damage you have done to yourself.
    But if you don't give a about yourself why should anyone else?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    So, so sooooo sad.:cry:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Well...that escalated quickly.

It jumped up a notch.
    Did you throw a trident?

Seriously. I hope this kid is ok.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    how about you guys look at my join date... for over a year i was religiously eating healthy, and less than 2000 calories, and it did **** all difference..

i starve myself one time, i lose 25 lbs...

look, i asked a specific question, then i specified i dont want to hear your opinions on what is or is not healthy.

bear in mind that my doctor, who has seen my entire medical file, has recommended this diet due to genetic problems of which you lot are unaware.

so either answer my question as asked or politely dont answer at all.

and im not being moody or grouchy, its just that while for you all, those higher lower rate burns work for you. they do not work for me, they didnt work for me when i followed the weight watchers diet, they didnt work on a calorie controlled, nurse supervised, eat what your told and nothing else do not deviate diet.

this works.

i asked for help

you all but shot me down for daring.

its not one rule for all you know.

How about we start a forum post asking a question then refute everything.
    I see a join date and someone who doesnt have a clue WTF hes doing.

Eat right but below TDEE.
    Lift things up and put them down.
    Walk.
    Sleep.

This works for everyone.

I have obese women on my plan and they are losing at a better clip eating 1600-2200/day than you have in a year.

Get with it.
    When you ask a question on the forum dont refute the bold truth.

You dont eat right so you will never look right.
    PM me if you want help!