3000 calories a day...?

Options
I don't know what is going on but i am HUNGRY this past week. Like the kind of hungry where i get a headache or light headed if I don't eat. I have been eating 17-2100 calories a day (more like 2100 or more) but i have been thinking about increasing my intake to 21-3000 calories a day. (at least for days when I workout) Anyone eating that much?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Yup, I maintain on about 3000 and up depending on what I'm doing that week, sometimes I get up to 4500 to 6000 calories.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat 4000 calories + a day, but im trying to put on muscle mass so different goals. The only way to know is to try it and track your progress.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to check whether you might be hypoglycemic (low blood sugar). If that is the case, a glass of fruit juice should take care of the light headedness. While you are at it, get your blood pressure checked.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I'm currently cutting on 3000 calories daily. Dropped 5 lbs in 3 weeks at this intake level, mostly water though I'm sure. I do a VERY slow bulk/gain at 3300 daily (10 lbs in 6 months). I'll be going back to 3300 daily at XMAS.

My diary's open.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    i think its the type of food ur eating, ur sodium is really high. it should be 2500 or LESS. and maybe focus on eating cleaner, and switch to egg whites instead of whole eggs, or do 3 white and 1 whole.?? i think u should just find healthier lower cal foods and that should help out
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I'd suggest more fruits and veggies to start. Those will fill you up so you don't need to go to 3,000 calories of unhealthy/salty foods.
  • magerum
    Options
    i think its the type of food ur eating, ur sodium is really high. it should be 2500 or LESS.

Why?
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i think its the type of food ur eating, ur sodium is really high. it should be 2500 or LESS. and maybe focus on eating cleaner, and switch to egg whites instead of whole eggs, or do 3 white and 1 whole.?? i think u should just find healthier lower cal foods and that should help out

I was thinking that too of coarse ... i've been eating terribly these past few weeks, I have been on CRAVING SWEETS MODE.... but i will be eating more veggies. well just carrots and spinach anyway, that's pretty much all that u can stomach.
  • virichi08
    Options

I was thinking that too of coarse ... i've been eating terribly these past few weeks, I have been on CRAVING SWEETS MODE.... but i will be eating more veggies. well just carrots and spinach anyway, that's pretty much all that i can stomach....and some more fruits too.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    i think its the type of food ur eating, ur sodium is really high. it should be 2500 or LESS.

Why?

why sodium less?? cuz shes female and thats the healthy limit
  • Madelinew22
    Options

I was thinking that too of coarse ... i've been eating terribly these past few weeks, I have been on CRAVING SWEETS MODE.... but i will be eating more veggies. well just carrots and spinach anyway, that's pretty much all that u can stomach.

i wasnt trying to be mean just giving my advice, thats the reason for making a post to listen to what other ppl have to say on the subject. i keep my sodium 2100 or less
  • magerum
    Options

Why?

Sources?
  • Madelinew22
    Options

Why?

Sources?

first of all im not dumb and i no my info, and i think u should reconsider ur sodium intake if u think 4000mg is safe to consume daily.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/454311-daily-sodium-allowance-for-women/
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    So funny how ppl get defensive on here. We're all here for the same reason. Chill a bit. Give your advise, if asked! But don't get so upset if someone doesn't agree with you. What may be right for you, may not be right for someone else.
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    I do agree that your sodium intake needs to be cut in half. I would be so bloated! But that's my body. That much sodium also increases your risk for high blood pressure. Be careful, but do what works for you.
  • virichi08
    Options

i wasnt trying to be mean just giving my advice, thats the reason for making a post to listen to what other ppl have to say on the subject. i keep my sodium 2100 or less

lol, i didnt take it in a bad way.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think you're body is screaming that it wants nutrition. I looked at the past few days and you don't list fruits or veggies. You really need to add these in. Also, you're eating out a lot! The food they serve in some places sometimes isn't all that healthy. I would try to make some meals at home to increase your variety and to pump your system up with some high quality foods. A great multi-vitamin would also be a good idea. Your body is most likely indicating it needs something you aren't giving it.

FYI - I think the USDA is the source that said something like 2500 mg per day as the highest level. You can probably type it onto google and find out. I find that between 1200 and 2000 works better for me or I end up bloated and gain pounds in water weight.
  • virichi08
    Options
    I do agree that your sodium intake needs to be cut in half. I would be so bloated! But that's my body. That much sodium also increases your risk for high blood pressure. Be careful, but do what works for you.
    Wow, i just looked at my sodium intake from this past week and it has extremely high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be working on that!!! =(
  • virichi08
    Options
    I think you're body is screaming that it wants nutrition. I looked at the past few days and you don't list fruits or veggies. You really need to add these in. Also, you're eating out a lot! The food they serve in some places sometimes isn't all that healthy. I would try to make some meals at home to increase your variety and to pump your system up with some high quality foods. A great multi-vitamin would also be a good idea. Your body is most likely indicating it needs something you aren't giving it.

i just looked at my diary for the past week too.... yuck!!! I ate out a lot for sure. I dnt know whats going on, been craving sweets and CRAP. but tomrrow i will be getting more fruits and veggies for sure.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Fair warning - foods from restaurants sometimes are amazingly high in sodium. They go crazy on it! I'd look at those carefully. Sometimes, one dish can have the equivalent of days worth of sodium. I know my eyebrows have gone up sometimes when I ask for the nutrition menu to look at their dishes.