Bump
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    So I made this last night on a whim....I think I'm a genius but maybe it's been done already....Regardless it's AMAZEBALLS!

Skinny Alfredo

1 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    Clove of Garlic
    1 Cup diced sweet onion
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    Salt and Pepper
    Small amount of Organic chicken broth
    1 package Shirataki Tofu Noodles prepared as directed

I sauteed the onion and garlic together in the coconut oil until almost carmelized and then used a hand blender on the cottage cheese with a slight amount of chicken stock until it was a smooth sauce. Added it to the sauteed vegetables until warmed up and then poured onto the Tofu noodles.

Discovered this sauce is really good on top of steamed cauliflower and tastes amazing with a tablespoon of pesto also!
    Try it!!
    Bon Appetit My Friends!:drinker:
    That is not even close to Alfredo sauce. Butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese. That's Alfredo sauce.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce
    3 wedges light creamy garlic and herb
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 T. reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 Tablespoon I can't believe it's not butter
    1/2 teaspoon garlic ( or more if you like)

combine all ingredients over low heat until everything is melted serve immediately over pasta of your choice.

going to try this! Sounds delish! ps and what is this crap ^^^^
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ingraham4
    Ingraham4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!!
  • cjm109
    cjm109 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    That is not even close to Alfredo sauce. Butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese. That's Alfredo sauce.
    [/quote]

It tastes LIKE alfredo....obviously it'd be difficult to keep it skinny with the butter in the recipe. Your powers of obsevation astound me
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sounds YUMMY!!!
  • elesiac
    elesiac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

It tastes LIKE alfredo....obviously it'd be difficult to keep it skinny with the butter in the recipe. Your powers of obsevation astound me
    [/quote]

I was just giving another option to try and it only uses 1/2 T. or you can leave the butter out if you can't stand 1/2 T. I thought this was something to share and I got it from a weight watcher leader. Sorry to steal a little of your thunder......this is a site to help each other.
  • RVfrog
    Options
    1/2 cup skim milk

combine all ingredients over low heat until everything is melted serve immediately over pasta of your choice.

going to try this! Sounds delish! ps and what is this crap ^^^^

They are little wedges of cheese found in the cooler section at the grocery store. Over where you'd find cottage cheese and pre package cheeses.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Made something similar with Garlic, Shallots, nutmeg, Evaporated Milk and Marsala wine.... delicious! :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    So I made this last night on a whim....I think I'm a genius but maybe it's been done already....Regardless it's AMAZEBALLS!

Skinny Alfredo

Clove of Garlic
    1 Cup diced sweet onion
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    Salt and Pepper

I sauteed the onion and garlic together in the coconut oil until almost carmelized and then used a hand blender on the cottage cheese with a slight amount of chicken stock until it was a smooth sauce. Added it to the sauteed vegetables until warmed up and then poured onto the Tofu noodles.

Discovered this sauce is really good on top of steamed cauliflower and tastes amazing with a tablespoon of pesto also!
    Try it!!
    Close. Alfredo sauce has cream as well. :smile:
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup skim milk

I will definitely try this!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Skinny Alfredo

Clove of Garlic
    1 Cup diced sweet onion
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    Salt and Pepper

Try it!!
    Close. Alfredo sauce has cream as well. :smile:

Traditional alfredo sauce doesn't have cream
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump!
  • RVfrog
    Options

[/quote]

I was just giving another option to try and it only uses 1/2 T. or you can leave the butter out if you can't stand 1/2 T. I thought this was something to share and I got it from a weight watcher leader. Sorry to steal a little of your thunder......this is a site to help each other.
    [/quote]

This if for the laughing cow cheese alfredo sauce.