So My first day of dieting....

Options
I went to a day care for a dress rehearsal with the kids...They were giving out pizza...Then tonight after the concert they gave away bags of cookies and juices...I get home and there is this huge pizza right there on the table lol. Believe it or not this happens every time I decide to cut weight....*sigh* Pray for me lol.

Replies

• firecopfl
    firecopfl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There was one main reason for my motivation for losing weight and getting in shape..... my son. I knew if I didn't I would not see my 3y/o graduate college. So do this... take a long hard look at your kids.... now imagine you not being there for them..... Does that motivate you??? How about this.... do you want to be a better parent for them??? I can 100% say I am a better daddy now. I can play hours with my son and not wear out where before it was literally 10min. Also you are not on a diet... You are making a life long change. A diet is a short term solution and that is not what you want. It is not easy and you will have setbacks but if you keep your mind on your goal (your kids) I promise it will get easier and as time goes your old habits will fade and healthy new ones will form. Do not deny yourself things you like just learn to eat less. You will find that you appreciate them more. You are more than welcome to friend me. the more friends you have the more honest you will stay to yourself. Seeing their diary and activity helps motivate. Good luck and most of all you can do this!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with pizza and cookies. just make it fit.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. You can have pizza and cookies. Just do it in moderation. I had pizza for lunch today. I had two slices and was satisfied and it fit into my caloric intake for the day.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pizza, love it.

Since eating better, I switched to wheat crust - you can buy them pre made at the grocery store. Find a good sauce and use fat free cheese - it is not bad at all! The sauce makes it or breaks it though.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    MODERATION. Also, the holidays are a killer. Maybe try to maintain until January, then cut weight...?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Willpower and self discipline will be your most powerful allies while trying to lose weight.

Get some of both.