Good smoothie recipes?

Options
I recently put on my braces and it hurts like djdblefnlna but I'm still gunna exercise and since I can't eat hard foods for a few weeks, maybe I can opt for some low calorie and nutritious smoothies. Anyone have some good recipes I could use?

Oops I forgot to mention that I do not have protein powder.

Replies

• Marc3D
    Options
    It depends for me when i work out i drink a banana chocolate smoothie

I use frozen bananas with 1% milk and a chocolate savour protein scoop :)

Or for breakfast banana and strawberry smoothie
  • westonhive
    westonhive Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I loves my green smoothies. It's really not as gross as it might sound. It's basically a fruit smoothie with leafy greens. The flavor of the fruit overpowers the greens.

A basic recipe would be kale, banana, blueberries and coconut water. It's da bomb.
  • pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    if you don't have protein powder Low Fat Yoghurt and/or Bananas are good thickeners. I just had a Banana and blueberry smoothie which was yummy. Other nice ones to try are:

Banana & Strawberry
    Banana, Pineapple and Orange
    Berry Blitz (Cherries, Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries)

The beauty of smoothies is that the combos are endless. Do some experiments and see which ones you like.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fat free greek yoghurt, frozen summer berries (strawberries, blackberries, rasberrys, etc etc) & milk. i add a scoop of protein powder, but if you dont have it then it doesnt matter.
  • celticminx
    celticminx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask because I just entered my recipe! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/16625291 it will help you get a little power punch of antioxidents along with a great source of iron from the spinach which you can't even taste. I don't care for mine to be really sweet so I don't add any sweeteners but feel free to make it to taste!
  • kmjohn64
    kmjohn64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best smoothie I have ever made (and keep making!)
    - 1 ripe banana
    - handful of almonds
    - handful of frozen blueberries
    - 1 cup of milk
    - 1 tsp of vanilla
    - handful of spinach

Blend until smooth

It tastes like a milkshake and it is absolutely wonderful! Almonds sound weird in the smoothie but if you can get them to break apart, they add so much to the recipe.

:) Enjoy!
  • dinamadden
    Options
    this is by ashy bines, its absolutely amazing

1/2 cup of oats
    1 cup of water (or more water if you like a runnier consistency)
    Half a cup of berries (fresh or frozen)
    2 scoops of protein powder of choice
    Dollop of full fat Organic natural or Organic Greek yoghurt (Optional)
    1 Tbsp. of Chia seeds (Large amounts of calcium/fibre/omega 3s/iron)
    1 Tbsp. of coconut oil (good fats)
    Add ice and blend all ingredients together

i only use about 1/3 of a cup of oats, i add raspberries and blueberries and a banana to mine, and it doesnt really need ice. aha. i also only add about 2/3 of a cup of water. i guess you could add milk or a milk substitute, but im lactose/soy intolerant so i just use water.
    and i use isowhey complete protein powder
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie

1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1/2 cup milk
    1.5 cups frozen strawberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries

Yum.

Edited because I use a cup of greek yogurt. Sorry.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I had my first one last night! This was intended as a post-workout smoothie, not a meal replacement one, though.

1 cup skim milk
    1 medium-sized banana
    1 tablespoon Jiff natural peanut butter
    1 scoop Gold Standard vanilla whey protein

I just put it all in a blender and mixed it together. I was pleasantly surprised that it actually tasted pretty good!

Next time, I may also add some ice. I will keep the skim milk and vanilla protein powder as my base and play around with other combinations as well.

Edited to say -- sorry, didn't see the note about protein powder at first. That being said, I just bought my first tub of it this weekend and am already pretty happy I did so... though the people that work at GNC are a little intimidating, I must say!
  • macaya5
    Options
    1/2 cup ea: fat free greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, skim milk and tofu. blend the heck out of that. tasty, low fat, high protein.