so didnt lose this week?!!!

SASSYJAX
SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
No loss this week,
have been really stressy and not sleeping much and maybe a bit picky but on the whole I feel I did pretty well in dire circumstances.

So now I am thinking - what the heck might as well stuff my face!!!

DO you think that too?!

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    At first I found it really easy to just think "what's the point?" whenever I didn't lose anything, but just because you don't lose doesn't mean you won't gain! If you persevere, you will get past it and it will start coming off. If you don't have very much to lose, it'll be harder to lose it as well. Good luck this week :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member

DO you think that too?!

Often! But one week doesn't make or break a lifestyle change. You are a healthier you. Stress and lack of sleep will contribute to lack of loss of weight. Fight or flight response where your body thinks it has to hold onto reserves because of strses. But if you persevere, your body will greatly thank you for it. You're doing great!
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169

DO you think that too?!

Often! But one week doesn't make or break a lifestyle change. You are a healthier you. Stress and lack of sleep will contribute to lack of loss of weight. Fight or flight response where your body thinks it has to hold onto reserves because of strses. But if you persevere, your body will greatly thank you for it. You're doing great!

I agree, high stress and lack of sleep can inhibit weight loss. Your body needs time to recover from workouts/your busy day during your 7-8 hours of sleep...on hard workout days I often need closer to 9! And it's all definitely about a lifestyle change...eating healthier and working out/becoming active are great steps in that direction, as are finding ways to help yourself de-stress/getting more shut-eye :)

Don't be hard on yourself, just enjoy the positive changes you're bringing into your life and the weight loss will come! :)
This discussion has been closed.