65kg (143 pounds) are gone…gone…gone

Options
YEAAAAAHHHH……
Finally reached a milestone in a long journey:

65kg (143 pounds) are gone…gone…gone…and 8 Dress sizes down…down…down….

I started off in 2006 with 150.4 kg (331 pounds) with being fat, miserable, unhealthy and very unhappy (Clothes size UK 30).
6 years later I am down to 85.4kg (188pounds) and I am NOT fat, NOT miserably, NOT unhealthy and over the moon (Clothes size UK 14/16).

It has been a long way…with lots of weight gains in-between, giving up and starting again, trying every diet which is invented on this earth and if there are aliens out there and they have a diet – I would have tried it!

But in January 2012 I finally decided to “ditch the diets” once and for all and learned how to shop, cook & eat healthy, watch my calorie intake, control my portion size and move my lazy butt out of the house into the gym and on the road for exercising.

I changed from a lazy-, addicted to fast food- and enormous portion-eating person with no energy, into somebody who still loves food, but instead of food controlling me – I control the food (at least most of the time !)

I managed to loose 42 kg (91pounds) since January 5th, and would never though of me hear myself say: “I do like the gym and running now” (well, maybe not all the time – but most of the time)

Tackling the last couple of “Vanity Pounds” now:
For the weeks after Christmas I would love to reach my goal weight of around 80kg (176 pounds)…give or take. Let’s see how it goes; I will make allowances for a nice Christmas dinner and some treats. To keep me in control I am running a 5K charity race on New Years Eve (all booked - no way of backing out), so the “New Me” will be running into the “New Year” 2013.
It may sound cheesy but it is really true: “IF I CAN DO IT – YOU CAN DO IT TOO”.
It takes time, a lot of effort and there is no magic slim-me-down fairy with a wand…but hey, not being big anymore is AMAZING and I am LOVING IT !!!!!!!

Replies

• caiwar
    Options
    Congratulations, nice discipline to take the control in your hands. =)
  • sashastackhouse
    sashastackhouse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look lovely. And you lost the weight of a whole adult person! Amazing!! :happy:
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great effort and congratulations on your success. You should also post your before and after photos. Now keep the pounds away.... Away and away:)
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic news. Well done for keeping on until you were done and good luck for the 5k.:happy:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and glowing in your profile photos, way to go you!!! : )
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    congrats sweety!!! <3
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've lost a whole person. Wow!
  • kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Do you have before/after pictures? I would love to see the transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!