DO I TRACK ANYTHING I EAT AFTER MIDNIGHT ON THE NEXT DAY

Options
SAY IT IS TUE AND NOW IM EATING SOMETHING AND IT JUST TURNED MIDNIGHT SO IT WOULD BE WEN
DO I LOG MY FOOD I ATE ON WEN OR TUE AFTER MIDNIGHT , WHAT DO YOU ALL DO . I DAY STARTS LATER IN THE DAY AND ENDS ABOUT 2AM BEDTIME WHEN MY HUSBAND IS HOME FROM WORK , THANKS EVERYONE

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I log everything until I go to bed on that day.
  • mneldred
    mneldred Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that as well because my sleeping schedule is stuck on 3rd shift. Do I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the same times it would be for me at night time?
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    MFP actually offers the option to log food by time frame (ie. 9 am to 12 noon) instead of as breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work nights and have my food diary set up for Midnight-4am, 4am-8am, 8am-noon, Noon-4pm, 4pm-8pm and 8pm-Midnight. That way whether I'm working or not I log my food for a 24 hour period. It sucks on days that I am up most of the day and night, but I found that it was too confusing to do any other way...
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I keep odd hours, especially on the weekends.

I take the approach that anything I eat before I go to bed counts towards the day bearing the date on which I last woke up.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    I keep odd hours, especially on the weekends.

I take the approach that anything I eat before I go to bed counts towards the day bearing the date on which I last woke up.

Ditto! :)
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I log food to one day, until bed. [I often stay up late, but don't really eat late, so I guess it is not that much of a problem for me to figure out.]

So, I guess I'd say to log up until bedtime as "one day". But, if you go to bed at 4am, and eat a snack right before that .... well, logging is the least of your problems! Those late night snacks would need full attention to correct. :tongue: