Post workout nutrition for early morning workouts

Options
I typically eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6 and 9 pm. Getting in the habit of working out first thing in the morning. If I have my post workout meal (protein and simple carbs) at 6:30 when I finish, should I eat again before my 9 AM meal?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    only if you want to, it's not necessary. You don't HAVE to eat every 3 hours.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I typically eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6 and 9 pm. Getting in the habit of working out first thing in the morning. If I have my post workout meal (protein and simple carbs) at 6:30 when I finish, should I eat again before my 9 AM meal?
    Your meal timing makes my head hurt. Just to put things in perspective. I workout in the morning and I have my next meal 4-5 hours after.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Your meal timing makes my head hurt. Just to put things in perspective. I workout in the morning and I have my next meal 4-5 hours after.
    Pretty much what this guy said
    On another note, holy quads Fitnesssocial
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Doesn't really matter. Eat when you want to to make you feel good.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Thanks bro. I think they are small myself, hence me taking a whole year off to develop them.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I workout at 3am 4 days a week, I eat if I'm hungry afterwards, but if not, I don't. Best not to overthink it. just make sure you are eating enough calories to accomodate your muscle growth if that's your goal, sometime within 12-24 hours post workout. Eating to a schedule is not only a PITA, but it's unnecessary. Once you eat the first meal that day, You're pretty much in a fed state for the rest of the day provided you're eating properly. Hope this helps
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Any more?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks bro. I think they are small myself, hence me taking a whole year off to develop them.

I believe I've identified the problem sir. You need glasses.
    =)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Any more?

The effects of meal frequency, outside of extreme circumstances, are minimally important.

Nutrient timing effects on satiety, preference, gym performance, etc, should be your primary concern.

In other words, I'd really structure your nutrient timing around performance and preferential aspects of dieting rather than the clock.