polenta ... what to do with it?

Options
hi i was recommended to try polenta as a side dish but what do i do with it thanks ....ps im vege

Replies

• tanyewest
    Options
    Grill it and make up some creamy mushroom sauce - I had it on Valentines Day for my starter and it was amazing!
  • kirsty2276
    Options
    that sounds good thanks
  • weston9595
    weston9595 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you use the creamy version (that you make from a dry mix) you can add chives and lowfat cheddar and serve it along with grilled shrimp
    if you buy the premade "log", which had a more solid texture, you can grill it and serve it with grilled salmon with greek yogurt and fresh dill
  • becabunny
    Options
    I've always sliced it and grilled it!, topped with some homemade tomato sauce/or cheese :) YUM. I have really been wanting to try it mashed.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    With the "log" versions, I always slice them, pan cook them (in a little olive oil or olive oil spray), melt a *little* mozzarella & parmesan on them, and serve with pesto and.or marinara sauce. The pesto version is especially tasty. Can easily be made into a healthy meal.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    it also makes amazing 'pizza' but you have to tripple bake it to make that happen

it is amazingly versatile.

Also you can mix it tonnes of different veggie/herb combinations to make it taste different. Even when your making it traditional ways either soft or baked.