Painting....Exercise?

Options
SO! I just looked on the exercise portion of adding entries and there is nothing for painting. Does anyone think painting could be counted as an activity? I mean not just a half hour of painting...I'm talking 3+ hours...
Ill be on my feet the whole time. Ill be moving the whole time - how can I count it!?

Replies

• johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You could always log it as cooking/cleaning.

That being said, you probably didn't burn that many extra calories doing it, and if you are trying to lose weight, this is definitely some "exercise" calories there is no need to eat back. If you are logging it to track your activity, no problem, but I've noticed many people log these sorts of mildly extra activity as a way to just eat a bunch more food. I would avoid that if you are trying to lose weight.
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

That being said, you probably didn't burn that many extra calories doing it, and if you are trying to lose weight, this is definitely some "exercise" calories there is no need to eat back. If you are logging it to track your activity, no problem, but I've noticed many people log these sorts of mildly extra activity as a way to just eat a bunch more food. I would avoid that if you are trying to lose weight.
    nonono I'm not doing it to eat back! I just know that right now I am NOT active...so any little activity I do I track. I had surgery two months ago and I'm not supposed to work out yet until my next surgery next month so when I walk I always track it. Or when I wander the mall for an hour I track that as well. Just to get it on my history
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Does it get your heart rate up? Yes, Does it consume energy? yes. Are you burning calories ... hell yes?

You can set it up as an exercise.

Depending on what you are doing over three hours I reckon it could be more than mild extra calories, if you have an HRM use it and check i=out how much you are burning.
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    there is always calistenics light/moderate effort. That might work for you
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does it get your heart rate up? Yes, Does it consume energy? yes. Are you burning calories ... hell yes?

You can set it up as an exercise.

Depending on what you are doing over three hours I reckon it could be more than mild extra calories, if you have an HRM use it and check i=out how much you are burning.

I don't have one :( I asked for one or that bodybugg thing for xmas to have! after Xmas its SUPER go time for me!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yes, I would log it as heavy cleaning. Painting is very similar to scrubbing. Maybe log half to 3/4 of the time.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me

Yes, I would log it as heavy cleaning. Painting is very similar to scrubbing. Maybe log half to 3/4 of the time.