What was your favorite cartoon as a kid??

Options

Replies

• KPZumba
    KPZumba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Flintstones.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    What I find fun is that a lot of the vice actor's for DragonBall Z do voices for the characters in "The Slayers" If I close my eye, I could believe I was watching DBZ.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bugs Bunny!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I used to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle every morning before school. :)
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Avatar: The last air benber is also great. Not so sure I like the new series though.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Batman and TMNT. My older brother taught me well. :) Oh, and Tiny Toons.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Top 5 faves in no particular order:

Popeye
    Super Friends
    Spider Man
    Heckle & Jeckle
    Mighty Mouse

Good stuff! :smile:
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    What I find fun is that a lot of the vice actor's for DragonBall Z do voices for the characters in "The Slayers" If I close my eye, I could believe I was watching DBZ.

Interesting!

I have some other animes on my list to watch through. Full Metal Panic, Paranoia Agent, .hack//, Fooly Cooly, Trigun, Cowboy Beebop...

I was never interested in Bleach, Naruto or Death Note. Well, a little interested in Death Note, but I haven't seen an episode yet. I also disliked Black Butler, Spice And Wolf, and Gundam Wing. I HATED Elfen Lied.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Anyyone besides me remember Funky Phantom?
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Your SO silly!!! SMURFS babie!!! All day every day!! ;)

OHHH YAAA!!!!!!
  • Charlie003
    Options

Interesting!

I have some other animes on my list to watch through. Full Metal Panic, Paranoia Agent, .hack//, Fooly Cooly, Trigun, Cowboy Beebop...

I was never interested in Bleach, Naruto or Death Note. Well, a little interested in Death Note, but I haven't seen an episode yet. I also disliked Black Butler, Spice And Wolf, and Gundam Wing. I HATED Elfen Lied.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Thunder Cats! Ho!
  • Charlie003
    Options

Interesting!

Naruto is really good if you can get through the first few seasons. I have seen some death note, it is okay. Bleach, eh. I am currently watching Berserk. It is old animation but it is decent.
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The Jetsons
    Felix the Cat
    :)
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Flinstones
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    As a >KID< kid:

1. Captain Caveman. I remember loving how he would yell his own name extremely loud when it was time to battle crime and how his club he conveniently stored in his fur gave him the power to fly.

2.. Underdog. I remember thinking it was extremely cool how a dog could fly, fight crime, and how everything he said rhymed. As an adult however, I'm not too crazy about Underdog achieving his superpowers by popping a "Super Energy Pill". To this day, I >>>>always<<<< root for the underdog; unless it's a Chicago or Indiana player or team. Because of my underdog loyalty, my annual March Madness brackets fail miserably.

As a >slightly older< kid:

1. GI Joe. Best cartoon quote of all time = "Knowing Is Half The Battle".

2. Transformers. The names and abilities of the characters were sick. Second best cartoon quote of all time = "More Than Meets The Eye".
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My faves? Peanuts (largely because of Snoopy), Yogi Bear and Friends, and the Roadrunner.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The Little Mermaid.
    Pocahontis.
    Didgimon.
    pokemon.
    ScoobyDoo.
    Johnny Bravo.
    The Jetsons.
    The powerpuff girls.
    Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    empioriers new school.
    Camp lazlo.
    catdog.
    Fosters home for imaginary friends.
    The Flinstones.
    Rocket Power.
    xmen.

i may or may not still watch these shows.lol.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    These were some of my favorites:

G.I. Joe
    Looney Toons
    Transformers
    Voltron
    Animaniacs
    Pinky & the Brain
    Tiny Toons
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Underdog and Mighty Mouse were my favorites, but I also loved the classic Warner Bros and MGM cartoons.

Best ever: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x45xby_mgm-cartoon-symphony-in-slang-1951_shortfilms