What I love about MFP is everyone is so nice here.

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I used to go on this message board a lot when I still lived in the city, it was just a message board for the local punk scene, but it was super harsh. People used to meet up and actually physically fight each other over stuff that happened on the message board. MFP boards are dripping in sarcasm but I doubt anyone has ever gotten jumped because they told someone they were eating too few calories.

you haven't been to the dark side of MFP have you? They find you under toll bridges and cut you a new lipo scar...

true. story.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This post has got to be a joke. Every post I've seen falls victim to rude people and snarky comments. Even positive, upbeat posts. It's a shame.

You're right! You just came into this post embracing positivity and made a snarky comment!

Hey, you look familiar!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    This post has got to be a joke. Every post I've seen falls victim to rude people and snarky comments. Even positive, upbeat posts. It's a shame.

i see what you did there!! bringing snarkiness to a lovely post!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    dawwwwww ahah although i must say that i personally have seen some pretty nasty forum posts... but youre right overall its great <3
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

I'll never understand how people making each other laugh is negative? Not everyone is upbeat....thankfully.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is pretty nice. I noticed there are disagreements and witty banter sure, but very few people are just plainly cruel.

A lot of us are very sarcastic, and since sarcasm doesn't run well on text, it gets confused sometimes.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcpop27sKI1r06m1wo1_500.gif
    yep, we're a wonderful bunch \m/
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Ever drink baileys from a shoe?

DON'T LIE TO ME BOY! I know what you're thinkin'. You're thinkin', "here comes Old Gregg, he's a scaly manfish!"
    You don't know me.
    You don't know what I got.
    I got somethin' to show ya.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you guys rock.

Usually boards on the internet fall quickly to sarcasm and snark, but somehow all you rad people have done a great job of keeping motivated, positive, and very very helpful.

It makes me happy to see all the great advice posted in all the forums on every topic.

Harmony.

Hugs for all.

Ram it.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

graphic1.jpg
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Shenanigans.png
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone has ever gotten jumped because they told someone they were eating too few calories.

I was sure I was being followed by a Ford Fiesta full of underweight women just last week .
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options

It's a shame that you're such a successful troll.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Omg, are we posting Boosh gifs?!

5La7z.gif
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    This is a soul-withering amount of frowning. It's like they are all reminding me I should be working harder instead of looking at MFP forums. I'm so ashamed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Shenanigans.png

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love that movie!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Untitled2.gif

Picard_shenanigans_by_bthauronite.jpg
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Are you for real? :huh:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone has ever gotten jumped because they told someone they were eating too few calories.

I was sure I was being followed by a Ford Fiesta full of underweight women just last week .

Don't worry, they won't have enough energy to actually do anything..
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

This really is the nicest forum I've ever been on. There are SO much worse out there! Go on a forum for new mothers, they'll cut you to shreds as soon as look at you.

True story. But it isn't the hormones. Not if you value your life, it isn't.

Yup, ^this. My wife occasionally browses the babycenter.com forums...

*shudder*

I think I may need to visit this babycenter.com. It may just be what I need to cure my latest bout of baby fever.