Juice Cleanse

Options
I'm thinking about trying a one day cleanse. Has anyone tried them before?

Replies

• yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz did a show about that last month, his was a weekend one with recipes. I've never tried them. Just be careful if you take certain medicine, your medicine may not absorb as much.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I see no downside
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Cleaning stuff with juice will leave them sticky....:bigsmile: Eat a balanced diet, your body is incredibly capable of cleaning itself.....
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Cleaning stuff with juice will leave them sticky....:bigsmile: Eat a balanced diet, your body is incredibly capable of cleaning itself.....

If that was true why do I need to shower daily?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Wise guy!:laugh: Let me rephrase...Your body is capable of cleaning itself on the inside.....although juice won't work on the outside either....:tongue:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sometimes before I do a heavy squat I clap may hands. It doesn't really do anything, but it makes me feel better. Maybe a 1 day cleanse will make you feel better. But don't expect it to do anything.
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Oh. You're serious.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has the same effect.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to cleanse?
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I actually liquid cleanse from Thursday night to Saturday morning. Typically, I will have a protein shake of sorts, lots of water, milk and juice. Today, I've decided to add 1 serving of fruit at lunch and 1 serving of vegetables at dinner, to shake it up. But, I've done liquid cleanses (not just juice though) almost every end of the week for a month now. Sometimes they are invigorating, other days it's a hassle and you just want food. You should definetly try it, and see if you like it. Good luck!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

bingo.

Also, Dr. Oz is a moron, avoid that corporate schill.
  • prexiouslb
    prexiouslb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I tried it for one day and it did wonders. It was really hard though.. but it cut my cravings for everything sweet and unhealthy.. Since then, I haven't touched any desserts. Before, I would have something sweet and fattening at least 2 times a day!!!! I did Dr. Oz' green drink (2x day), but I also had fruits as I wanted...(had a banana, raisins)... Also had almonds. You can juice just about anything.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A balanced diet with adequate amounts of fiber and water will do all the cleansing the body needs. All that other "cleansing" BS is voodoo.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

We dont need to shower daily. Only until the last 75 years has man bathed on a regular basis. Bathing defeats the body's natural defenses.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    Taco Bell has the same effect.

That's just so wrong. :laugh: