on-the-go protein?

Options
i never meet my protein goals because of work! i don't have a set schedule so its hard for me to plan meals ahead of time. anyone out here know what i can take with me besides a protein shake?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Do you have a little cool bag and freezer block? Just carry a meal or part of a meal with you as often as possible, even if you end up taking it home again or eating a breakfast food at lunch or a dinner food at breakfast. Hard cheese portions, low fat soft cheese, individual flavoured yoghurts, nuts, seeds, hardboiled eggs, homemade protein bars, whey protein in a shaker (can experiment with other dry ingredients like powdered milk or cocoa or peanut flour or freeze dried greens), one serving size cans of flavoured tuna, peanut butter .... if you get drive through or take out you could pick up chicken portions, they are widely available.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, cheese, roasted beans (roasted chickpeas are amazing!), nuts, protein bars (which are super easy to make yourself too) etc.
  • wharmychippy
    Options
    Almonds, greek yogurt, tuna, cottage cheese pretty much mixed with anything you can imagine. All of these minus almonds have a pretty low calorie to protein ratio.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky (or Turkey Jerky), Almonds. If you can put stuff in a cooler, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, etc.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love protein and I take it with me everyday for meals. I cook up some turkey, beef, chicken or whatever. Put it in a baggie, put it in my portable cooler lunch sack and voila! High protein on the go. It does take some planning, which takes time. With a little effort it really is quite easy. Good luck to you. If you find any great recipes post it in the recipe board.
  • christiperez3
    Options
    you ALL are so helpful. :')

i should start taking a little lunchbox to work to hold all these great protein-packed things!