Getting Healthy to get Pregnant

Hi all, I am 34, obese, and have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. Up and down, up and down, that is my routine. Gym memberships that fizzle out and another horrible failure. I need to desperately get healthy so I can get pregnant. I'm focused, but scared, and would love any support you all can muster...

xo

Replies

• dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Feel free to add me. MFP is great. LOG everything you eat (I find logging it before you eat it is helpful because you still have time to decide to make a different choice if you need to), move more and that's really all there is to it! You can do it! Kids are the best - hoping for a pregnancy is a perfect reason to get healthier.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    You are making the first step and that is to reach out for support on this site. There are a lot of Negative Nancies on this site, but a majority of us are very supportive and give you a shoulder to cry on if need be. I totally understand the want that you have to find something you can stick with and also lose weight to help you in getting pregnant. I am currently trying to conceive #4 myself and I have lost 40lbs. On the downside to changing your body like that is, it actually is harder to get your cycles back in check. I found this out after a couple months. But, losing weight and getting healthier for your unborn baby is the best thing you can possibly do. I have fizzled out over the past month or so, but I need to have the support to get back on the wagon. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want. GL!!