: (

Options
I am 55 pounds overweight and I am a size 13/14 to 15/16. I am 5'7" and weigh 200 pounds and I am surrounded by my friends who are all 5'9" and weigh like 115.:grumble:

Its hard for me sometimes to see them when the talk about how they need to get in shape, or how they went from a size 2 to a size 4. :laugh: I would kill to be a size 10.

The other night one of my friends and I had a girls night. We rented movies and bought junk food. I didnt even bother putting in my food intake for that day.

I start to lose motivation sometimes. I dont know what to do. :sad:

I just needed to vent.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ashley2011
    Options
    I am 55 pounds overweight and I am a size 13/14 to 15/16. I am 5'7" and weigh 200 pounds and I am surrounded by my friends who are all 5'9" and weigh like 115.:grumble:

Its hard for me sometimes to see them when the talk about how they need to get in shape, or how they went from a size 2 to a size 4. :laugh: I would kill to be a size 10.

The other night one of my friends and I had a girls night. We rented movies and bought junk food. I didnt even bother putting in my food intake for that day.

I start to lose motivation sometimes. I dont know what to do. :sad:

I just needed to vent.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    We all have days where we don't record our food. At least I do.

It is hard to be surrounded by people who seem naturally thin.

The most important thing is to have patience. Patience with the journey, but more importantly patience with yourself.

It's about your health. I know it's easy to fixate on a size issue, but if you take care of yourself, you will have longevity, and feel so good. A lot of young ladies have no trouble staying thin, but don't develop good habits and then later in their life, well. . .they don't stay thin. If you concentrate on developing good habits right now, they will stay with you forever. (I peeked at your profile, and saw your age)

Did you see "Finding Nemo"? I always used to say to myself "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Sometimes you just have to keep going. You can do it.

:flowerforyou:
  • ashley2011
    Options
    Yeah I have seen "Finding Nemo". :smile: I have never really thought of it in that way. I sometimes just give up too easily I guess.

Thanks for the help.

I'll keep swimming:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I understand your pain. My sister who is alittle younger than me had my nephew and slimmed right back down and even smaller than she was before she was pregnant. I was 140 when I got preggo and Rion is 3 now (my son) and I am still about 24 lbs from my pre preggo weight...

GRRRRR no offense but I dont like naturally thin woman....
  • ashley2011
    Options
    yeah they get frustrating sometimes... lol
  • cstolba
    cstolba Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree.. we all tend to have days when we do not fill out our food diary. I did begin to fill mine out even if I went overboard on my calorie intake. But...then I began to realize I needed to be honest with myself - it is what it is - then I move on and start a brand new day. If I hit a bump in the road I just need to move on and not beat myself up over it. When I started MFP on 2/25/08, I weighed 252 - right now I am down to 246 - it seems to be working and the food diary helps me keep myself in line. You can do it - trust yourself but dont be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day !!

Cara :flowerforyou:
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I know how you feel! My best friend hasn't worked out a day in her life, but she still looks fabulous. But you have to remember why you are here. Its not a quick fix, or a diet, it is a life change.
    Last night there was a movie party that I went to. I took my 100 calorie popcorn and another 100 calorie pack because I knew there were going to be treats at the party. And guess what! I only ate my stuff!!
    Don't think of this as a downer, think of it as being in complete control of your body and willpower. You'll get through it. :happy:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I can relate!! I have a hard time being around tiny friends, too. I wonder if your friends are being insensitive for talking about weight loss like that in front of you if they know you are struggling with it. Have you thought of telling them how it makes you feel to hear them talk about going up to a size 4? I know I have asked friends before not to talk about weight/body stuff in front of me, and that was helpful.

Hang in there!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ashley2011
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. I needed a boost. :flowerforyou:
  • madkat67
    madkat67 Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree.. we all tend to have days when we do not fill out our food diary. I did begin to fill mine out even if I went overboard on my calorie intake. But...then I began to realize I needed to be honest with myself - it is what it is - then I move on and start a brand new day. If I hit a bump in the road I just need to move on and not beat myself up over it. When I started MFP on 2/25/08, I weighed 252 - right now I am down to 246 - it seems to be working and the food diary helps me keep myself in line. You can do it - trust yourself but dont be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day !!

Cara :flowerforyou:

Thanks Cara! Your honesty is hitting me after a particularly bad day for me and I have to tell your comments helped to remotivate me.
    I struggled with the evil MandM peanuts today. I swear they need to create a support group for people like me who can't keep away from the MandMs!
    I logged all three packs in today - but I was so tempted to skip that little slip up.
    For me, the accountability of the food log is absolutely critical. I am forcing myself to be honest - if I can't then there's no point for me. I am a certified grazer and now that I have to log in all of my food, I find that my grazing is a lot more under control.
    I'm also sending an e-mail to my friends at work and telling them to through rocks at me if they see me near that !$#@$@ vending machine. :smile:
    I'm just really looking out for support and trying to stay focused on the inside as well.
    Tomorrow is a new day and I am more determined than ever to stay with my plan.
  • krnelso
    krnelso Posts: 21
    Options
    Boy oh boy am I glad to hear that there are people like me out there!

I have struggled with my weight all my life. The last time I was at a good weight was when I was 5 years old, yes that's right, almost 18 years ago. I am also a chocoholic. I think that started when I was born, honestly.

I decided that since I'm doing this for me, I'm going to do it my way. I don't log weekends unless I miss a day during the week (which is rare). I watch what I eat & try to stick to maybe one or two meals a weekend that are not AS good, but still decent. However, I also do more on the weekend. Cleaning & lots of walking & working my body out somehow.

I started MFP on 2/8/08 at 240 lbs. I am now at 232. Like Cara said, it seems to be working. I've learned to plan out what I'm going to eat tomorrow so I can keep myself in check. I even work in my chocolate fixings, but this way I limit myself. I guess my way works as well.

Most of my friends are skinnier. It drives me crazy. However, I had talked to them about the weight comments (them saying oh I gained a pound, I feel so gross, etc etc) & I was shocked at the response. I was informed that they don't see me as a "big" girl (I don't see how they can't! Haha!) & they don't even think about what they're saying. After all, I'm their friend & they see me just like them. I was actually flattered. But I think it also opened their eyes a bit.

Either way, we all have bad days, but most important is to realize that you keep moving forward & learn to change the lifestyle, not the day. I've learned to eat more fruits & veggies as well as keep an eye on the sodium intake. We all can do it! And just remember, you're all beautiful & you're doing this for YOU!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    This is reminds me of the story I tell about by daughter, who takes everything I say LITERALLY. Last year I was looking at clothes and said those exact words, "I'd kill to be a size 6 again." She looked at me and said, "Mom, who or what could you kill to accomplish that goal?" It was like the AH HA moment of my life. I didn't have to kill anyone or anything, but I could be a size 6 again with some big improvements in diet and consistent exercise. I wrote that little scenario into a word document and saved it. Every time I want to give up, I reread it and it reminds me of how I felt on that day.