30 day shred

Options
Hello all!

I am going to buy the DVD today; can you please share your thoughts on it? Specifics would be great! I have soooo many workout videos and dont just want to add to the collection.

Replies

• VRamos81
    Options
    I have this dvd... It is good I slimmed down alot... BUT it doesnt have any kind of REAL stretching.. and after about a few weeks my hammys NEEDED were crying to be stretch out real good...

To do the video u need weights and a mat if ur working on a hard surface.. but she doesnt tell you how much weight you should use.. I interchanged between 3 and 5 lb weights depending on the moves..

After 30 day shred I went back to Chalean Extreme and the first cardio circuit I did I felt like my lungs were on fire.. like I hadnt been doing anything for the past 30 days...

It is a good dvd to get a jump start on things and maybe to throw in every now and again but not something to do for more then 30 days on its own...

Hope that helped a bit
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the previous post. I think its different for everyone. the shred is pretty much the only dvd i use and ive lost 63 pounds. No its not the only thing I do, but it is the main thing i do. I also walk for 20 mins a day and try to get in another 25 mins of exercise by either playing tennis or doing a different video. as long as you follow a diet and exercise plan and do the shred everyday you will see great results. i went from a size 16/18 and now i'm a 10/12. and i've been doing this dedicated since August. But since i've done it so much i've gotten bored and started the c25k now too. so i'm doing the c25k half the week and the shred the other half of the week. stick with it and you will get results. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: good luck!!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 3 weeks interspersing the Biggest Loser bootcamp in between. I am doing level 2 right now adding level 1 to it if I really want to work out hard. It is tough but definitely worth it!! I usually do the BL workout 1-2 times a week and 30 day Shred 5 days.
    I modify some of the moves even more than what she shows cuz my shoulders can't take them yet:blushing: Feel free to email me if you have any questions about that!
    Good Luck!! You will love it! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I did it, I liked it, I'm gonna do it again.

I used 2 different sets of handweights. I used 5's or 8's for a lot of the stuff,,, but for some of the exercises like chest flies those were just a joke and I loaded up a set of 15's.

Did me a lot of good, especially abs. The 30 min's goes really quickly and it's not unpleasant.
  • mikeyann
    Options
    I just started using it and I love it. If you don't have a lot of time to work out this DVD will give you a great workout in 25 minutes. It makes you feel like you have actually done something in that amount of time. I also use P90X to change things up at times. Good Luck!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    OOO Im planning on buying it this weekend too!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day slimdown program with Jillian's 3 DVDs...I am going for round 2 now, because I thought the results were amazing...I even got my hubby doing it...if anyone wants to join, look for the thread Day 1 of the Slimdown.

FYI, the weight may not go down much, but inches peel off....the toning is awesome...you will find muscles that you haven't seen in a while
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    I love it too!!! I did it for about a month 6 days a week and added some gazelle in at night if I felt like it. I only got to level 2 because it was really hard to me. But by the end of it I was able to do level 2 straight through watching the expert girl. I am going to restart it next week. IF you want too, we could start a thread next sunday or monday! Let me know girl! Good Luck!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I love it too!!! I did it for about a month 6 days a week and added some gazelle in at night if I felt like it. I only got to level 2 because it was really hard to me. But by the end of it I was able to do level 2 straight through watching the expert girl. I am going to restart it next week. IF you want too, we could start a thread next sunday or monday! Let me know girl! Good Luck!

I am starting it on Monday, hand in hand with another MFP user...and you, of course! Let's do it!

I will post the thread now
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    ok girl awesome!!!