Christmas Party

Options
Well, that time has come. My wifes 10th MS Christmas Party is this evening and I looked over the menu.. It isn't pretty, hah.

I believe I can stay within my calorie count, but it won't be easy. Wish me luck guys!

Replies

• lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

AND, even if you do go over a bit, you can always reduce your calories the next few days. Like, if you go over by 500 calories, just eat 100 fewer calories for the next five days. It will all balance out. You can get more exercise in there too. So, I say enjoy yourself and don't get too stressed. It's just one party.

Good luck! :)
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Oh, you'll be fine. Nothing wrong with leaving food on your plate.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my Christmas Party and I am going to try very hard to be good. So I understand!
  • ewestsca
    ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Stressing out over possibly overeating will just lead you down the road of overeating because your stressed. Overeating one day at a party is nothing to worry about. You only have to worry if you do it every day.

Go enjoy yourself at your wife's holiday party!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I never worry about overeating. I am full every day and barely creap over 1500 calories of my alotted 2500. I just knew what would be available, and didn't want to go much higher than my usual 1500. *Didn't have luck, i'm up around 1850 for the day*

It was terrible! The salad was a Bacon ceaser salad with way too much dressing for a calorie watcher. Potato salad, Green beans in a butter sauce, Mushroom rice pilaf which wasn't bad, but I could taste the butter used in it. There was roast swimming in gravy and Chicken al la creme... Literally nothing I could eat very much of, hah.