"Are you losing weight?"

Options
How did it feel the first time someone said "Are you losing weight?"
Today after 27 pounds lost, someone finally asked if I lost weight. I was so estactic. I was feeling a little discourgae because only I noticed the weight loss. Its good to be motivated to continue the hard work.

Replies

• JasmineRose14
    JasmineRose14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! It's the BEST feeling ever!! I am so happy for anyone who gets to where its noticible, we all work so hard, and even if it's just one person, it makes it all worth it for a little while!!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that great! yes it does feel great when people notice you have lost. it awhile since someone has said anything to me but i have been stuck at it for few month just recently lost 5 lbs which was a big deal to me!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It took me losing 20lbs for anyone to notice. Now that I'm at 28lbs, I get a lot of "how much weight have you lost?" It does feel good when all your hard work is noticeable.
  • thickgirl25
    thickgirl25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It feels awesome and more motivated. I've been getting a lot of wow, you lost a lot of weight, you look great. Weird, but sometimes I think how bad did I look for people to be so gobsmacked about my weight loss.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    The best one I got was from someone who hadn't seen me in a few months and noticed. I was wearing my big winter jacket as well! Apparently my face shows it well now. But it was around the 20 lb mark that others started commenting.
  • baileysheek
    Options
    Im trying to get there. The worse thing happened to me. I was able to lose 40 pounds within 4 months. Then I had to get a surgery.. sooo, when I went in from my surgery I had so much fluids put in my body, i gained 30 pounds within like 6 days?!?!? now its even harder just to lose the weight!!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It does feel good when someone notices! I love it.

I'll also be the first to admit that I tend to keep quiet when I think someone is losing. If we aren't really close, I feel like it would be awkward to bring it up. As though asking implies that they NEED to lose weight.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It was around 15-18 pounds lost when the first coworker said it. It felt awesome! At around 25 lost (and some smaller clothes), suddenly everyone noticed and now I end up having to have the conversation minimum twice per day at work lol. It feels good still but is making me a little self-conscious now. But it's a better kind of self-consciousness than wondering "does this shirt emphasize my rolls or hide them?" haha.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight it took 30 lbs for someone to say anything, then at 60 lbs ppl would see me and be like OMG!!! Best. Feeling. Ever.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I think because I was so heavy it took a while to notice...but one day my friend at work came up to me and was like 'you're getting tiny!' This was after I expressed that I was losing weight intentionally. I think it's a nervous topic for people to talk about.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I had lost exactly 27lbs before someone noticed also. It was an amazing feeling and it was by my boss :)
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How did it feel the first time someone said "Are you losing weight?"
    Today after 27 pounds lost, someone finally asked if I lost weight. I was so estactic. I was feeling a little discourgae because only I noticed the weight loss. Its good to be motivated to continue the hard work.

!!!!!!!! This was my day today!! IT FELT GREAT!! I felt proud and more motivated to keep going!
  • karrlove1020
    Options
    Such a great feeling to be noticed in a positive way!! Go you :)
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work!
  • I've just started working out four days ago and already lost 7lbs I started at 154 now down to 148 it's not noticeable yet but I know the feeling it feels great for someone else besides yourself to notice hard work really does pay off and it gets your motivated to push even harder .Keep up the good work
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Uncomfortable, because I wasn't trying to. :/
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Aw, that's such a great feeling! So nice to know it is noticeable to others. Well done on the weight-loss! :)
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And probably people noticed before, it's just that now it's so apparent that it's almost awkward not to say anything. That's a huge achievement, keep it up!
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My bf has lost 14 pounds. His loss gets noticed. On Thanksgiving, the first thing out of his brother's mouth was how much weight my bf had lost. I've lost 23 pounds. The only people to notice are my bf and another close guy friend. I figure it's because his loss is in one area and mind is min multiple areas. I'm so happy for him even if I am a tad jealous :)

Oh...one of our fave waiters noticed fairly early. Of course he knew from serving us that we were changing our eating. I started taking half of every meal home with me for one thing!
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've only had one person comment, she said "have you lost weight?" to which I automatically responded "no of course not!" out of reflex and then they noticed my pink face too. >:|
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!