b12 lipotropic injections

Options
I started going to a weight loss clinic this past friday. I received two injections that day and started taking my prescription for adipex today (which is equal to about 4 redbulls & i only took half) Just wondering if anyone else has or is doing this? And how is it going?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Were you diagnosed with a vitamin deficiency?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a really healthy idea, NOT!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I got B12 injections for a couple months when I was diagnosed with a deficiency, until my numbers came back up to normal. Had nothing to do with a weight loss clinic though. Or red bull or adipex.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    started taking my prescription for adipex today (which is equal to about 4 redbulls & i only took half)

sounds legit
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Wait until Belviq comes out. It's much safer than adipex.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    why?
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Adipex is bad for your heart... Get some exercise and you will get the same affect the pills give you minus the dry mouth... Wish I realized this years ago because I wasted tons of money on the crap!
  • Ticeann22
    Options
    doing alot of exercise ive lost 30 lbs total just thought it would help with the process
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Continue your exercise because taking apidex will starve you and take away your energy to exercise... Kind of counterproductive if you have become in the habit of exercising. Just my experienced opinion, but in the end do you.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    doing alot of exercise ive lost 30 lbs total just thought it would help with the process

What was wrong with the process if you were already losing?
  • Ticeann22
    Options
    Like i said just taking a half for a lil extra energy. Nothing wrong with the process i guess just have a lot to loss and thought this would help. We shall see wednesday at weigh in.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The thing about these kinds of strategies: If they really were effective, everybody would be doing it. Chances are very good that you are simply throwing your money away.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    I got the b12 shots once, in attempt to promote weight loss. It did absolutely nothing for me, that I witnessed anyway. I was taking a supplement before and after though. I don't know if it does a anything either, really taking it for the health benefits, rather than weight loss though.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Like i said just taking a half for a lil extra energy. Nothing wrong with the process i guess just have a lot to loss and thought this would help. We shall see wednesday at weigh in.

I suspect you are losing weight perfectly fine and have now opted for an unhealthy "speeding up" of this process. Once you stop using chemical "help" .. the odds are against you to keep that weight off.. more likely that you will rapidly put it back on rather than just keep doing what you're doing and being patient with your body.

You didn't put the weight on in a week.. it's taken you a lifetime of bad habits .. so give yourself a few months or more to create new and good habits that will last a lifetime.

Pills are never the answer .. only bandaids and VERY temporary .. with NO lasting effects :flowerforyou:
  • ashleighlive
    ashleighlive Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Dear,
    I have had the injections as I was a Vegan and needed the boost as well as the Vitamins!
    I know how much of a boost I got from these, so it's worrying you are taking something else on top of that.

Do you need this much energy? What are you using it for if so, are you exercising heavily?

I can't see that it would assist weight loss, other than to give you the energy to exercise, I think two injections, plus prescription drugs is a bit of overkill though.

Perhaps you should seek the advice of a doctor on this one, there's nothing worse than negatively effecting the workings of your body for short term gains!
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I know it's really hard to look at the future when you have a lot to lose at 1-2lbs/wk, it can be really discouraging. But the thing is, faster is not necessarily better. Fast weight loss can lead to loss of muscle mass, slowed metabolism (which means eating a lower calorie diet long term), higher chances of weight regain, and loose skin. Slower really is better.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    Honestly this sounds more like a medica scam then anything else. But hey it's your money and your body that your putting in danger, so enjoy.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Being an appetite suppressant, if you miss a dose or stop taking it -- you will more than likely binge.

Phentermine, from what I have read is chemically similar to amphetamines.

Unless you learn to eat better then it's going to be a waste of your time.
  • ashleighlive
    ashleighlive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, also just realised that apidex is the same as what we call Duromine.
    I took Duromine/ Phentermine because I wanted to lose the 10 odd kilograms I had gained from my binge eating, which my doctor I feel negligently prescribed me given I was in the middle of the healthy BMI weight range at that time, but I pursued it and at that time would have done anything to get it, as I thought it was my quick weight loss solution.
    I read in the pamphlet that any mental illnesses would be exasperated.

Given I didn’t think my OCD was worth worrying about it didn’t phase me, other than getting every side effect under the sun on that horrid drug my OCD sky rocketed.

It has been 9 or so months since I stupidly started that course of drugs and my OCD has lessened, but it still worse than original, yet still thankfully manageable without prescription drugs.

SO if you have anything underlying PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Also even just the usual side effects are bad enough! I had A LOT of them!

More Common Symptoms
    ■Insomnia
    ■Nervousness
    ■Irritability

Less Common to Rare Symptoms
    ■Tiredness
    ■Clumsiness
    ■Dry mouth
    ■Lack of sexual desire
    ■Nausea or vomiting
    ■Confusion
    ■Blurred vision
    ■Skin rash or itching
    ■Irregular heartbeat
    ■Headache
    ■Dizziness
    ■Stomach pain

Yes basically everything! I am usually not so sensitive to side effects, but this one got me. So please, be careful x
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I take Phentermine mixed with Topimax (same as Qsymia which isn't available yet) this was prescribed by my doctor who I see for my weight loss. The phentermine suppresses appetite and teh topimax helps with side effects. It works... and I need it being on a 1200 calorie diet...

from what I read the lipotropic injections contain B12 which and amino acids which your body uses anyway and kinda cleans out the liver so it can function properly. B12 and B6 give you more energy. Speed up the metabolism... not sure exactly... I'm going to give it a shot (no pun intended) to get the liver all cleaned out and see... got 36 more pounds to lose...