help me figure out these calories please

Options
ok I tried entering all the info from last night's dinner, I thought it was a fairly light meal with the most calories being in the sausage but when i entered all the info intothe recipe calculator on spark people, it say the meal was 1600+, there is no way possible.

I make foil packets last night so I was trying to enter the info for one packet

3-3.5oz tilapia filet
2 oz napa cabbage
1 small slice of onion, I was guessing it was about .15 oz
2 oz john morrel sausage (I couldn't find this exact brand in there but it's 180 calories for a 2oz serving.

maybe somebody else can make this work because I must have done something wrong here

thank you in advance
Annastasia

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    seems as though thats the calories for all of it. You need to log in your portion and the cals will come down. like one portion of tilapia and then how much whether a cup, tsp, whatever of onion, etc. That way its logs an individual portion. After you do all this, go to remember meal and name it, that way when you eat it again you dont have to reinvent the wheel or should I say meal.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    what I put in was the exacts of what I ate, not total for everybody. I may have to figure this out myself. I know that the sausage was 180, the fish was about 100, so how many calories in about 2 leaves of cabbage and a tiny slice of onion, can't be more than 60
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I entered in all the ingredients you listed it gives me a total of 261 calories.
  • annastasia76
    Options
    ok with pencil and paper I figured it out myself, it's 334.5 calories
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can always enter the ingredients separately on the food log here and come up with generally good numbers. 1600 for that was wild! 250 - 300 sounds better :) Sounds yummy too - was it?
  • annastasia76
    Options
    thank you everybody for your help.

yes it was yummy, even my daughter who hates fish with a passion ate it willingly.