Keeping track on excel?

Options
Does anyone keep track of their progress in an excel spreadsheet or anything else? What do you include? What does it look like?

I just created one that includes the day I started, how long it's been and how far I have to go until my first goal, and how many pounds per week I need to lose in order to meet that goal. I also included a weight chart that I will fill in as time goes on and a visual line chart to go with it. I made it so that Excel will automatically recalculate how many pounds to lose per week, and it already updates charts immediately once more information is added. I'm pretty excited to use it! If I knew how to take a screenshot of it I would post the image of it here :D (Feel free to let me know how to do that, btw)

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I actually use one to track weekly instead of daily. There will be up and down days and seeing the bigger picture is much more realistic. I haven't used it on my second time through, but it was very helpful the first time. I calculated about 3.1 lbs a week lost and actually lost 3.3 a week.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Post it to photobucket, get the /IMG code for the photo and convert the IMG tags to lower case and paste it in.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use one (but my hubs set it up for me). I would upload a picture if I could (as far as I know you have to use an image stored online), but I track my weight, waist measurements, hip measurements, body fat percentage, pants size, and BMR. I have a chart for a visual aid that updates every time I log in new numbers, and I have a list of total losses that automatically updates as well. The second page/tab is used for calculating my TDEE, calorie intake, and deficit range for optimal loss.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yep, love Excel. Used to just track sporadically, but now that I'm logging here every day I'm logging on my spreadsheets as well. I track weight, calories, macros, exercise with formulas for averages and trending built in. Charts for comparisons. I find it helpful to watch the trends and it also makes me be honest with myself. My eating habits are pretty good, my wine habit not so much. Instead of saying, oh it's just a couple glasses of wine, I now know exactly how many calories of alcohol I consumed, and how many food calories on days I drink versus don't. I also keep notes about what I ate if there is a huge spike in weight - aka water retention from one day to the next or if I'm feeling off. This really helps identify foods that are problematic. More in depth tracking also gives the data needed when you hit those "why haven't I lost this week" or moments.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I <3 Excel!!!!!!!!!