Flabby belly!

Ok so here's a bit about me...

I weighed around 154 pounds and from March off this year I've been losing weight. I was doing it sensibly up until around August when I started over exercising and under eating. My "net" cals never went above 200. I wasn't particulaly thin though... (around 130 pounds at that stage) but I totally plateaud and after a lot of courage I realised (Through getting lots of advise/hours surfing the web) that the best thing to do was to start doing weights instead of just cardio and actually EATING! Now I eat anything from 1200-1500cals a day usually with a net of around 1000. I'm noticing good results in my arms and legs and am building muscle but my stomach is still so so flabby!! My diet is extremely healthy. The only dairy I eat is yogurt..I don't eat any gluten, restrict myself to 1 or 2 pieces of fruit a day. I carb cycle depending on how much exercise I do. Pretty much everything I eat is out of fhe ground, off an animal or off a tree! (apart from protein shakes and as I said yogurt..) I read somewhere that for people who were heavier, the stomach is often the last place they see significant results because of the excess skin. ITs annoying because I do so so much ab training and also drink tons of water and I can feel the ab muscles. When I tense its hard but I think of my stomach as like a verticle plate of jelly..the plate is there just full of jelly on top!!
Could it be something I eat? I've heard of "food intolerenaces" rather than food alergies. I'm thinking maybe its dairy but I couldn't live wihtout my yogurt! I eat soy cheese and drink soy/almond milk. I lookedi nto soy yogurt but the carbs in them were woaaaaah. I only started this "better eating" lifestyle and increased fitness around a month ago. I workout 6 days a week with a combo of weights and cardio and as I say my calories may sound a lot but its all very healthy. I allow myself one cheat meal a week (on my day off fro the gym..sometimes its not even a meal for example last week I just had some popcorn and an icecream when I went to the movies). I also barely ever drink and if I do its always clean liek vodka lime soda. But I haven't had any alcohol in almost a month now ( pretty good consdiering I'm a student!)
Its so irritiating when I see my friends with totally flat stomachs who eat so much crap and there's me eating well and exercising with this buddha belly!!
Anyway sorry for the ramble...just thought I'd get some advise.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    How tall are you and what is your BF%? And what do you weigh now?

Your calories do not sound a lot at all - in fact they sound low.