Question: Logging Wii workouts

Options
Normally I just hit the treadmill as my exercise for the day. But today I want to dust off my assortment of Wii workouts (Wii Fit, EA Active, Your Shape, Wii Fitness Trainer) to keep me from getting bored. It's very easy to log a work out on the treadmill. But how do I log a Wii workout?

Replies

• tnewcom
    Options
    i would like to know this too!
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    i would be interested in knowing this also i do the wii fit plus and i just usually log the calories under walking but i know this isnt right either
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I log my Wii games as aerobics under my exercises.

It would be nice if Wii games had their own category.
  • imdamom
    Options
    I know that at least one of the "games" tells me calories burned after I have completed the workout (I think it's either EA Active or My Fitness Trainer). Can I "create" an exercise and list the calories burned based on what the game states?
  • dasmith01
    dasmith01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did the wii boxing and logged it as boxing/sparring- I assume the workouts can translate pretty accurately with calories burned... if you jog on the wii, log it as jogging like normal, etc. It sure feels like the same workout!
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know that at least one of the "games" tells me calories burned after I have completed the workout (I think it's either EA Active or My Fitness Trainer). Can I "create" an exercise and list the calories burned based on what the game states?

Yes you can.

I created a personal exercise called EA Active and I put in how long I worked out and the caloried burned as it tells you on screen.
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    I used the Wii EA Active yesterday to break up the monotony of using the treadmill. I logged the calories burned according to the game as Wii EA Active and then what workout I did. The time of exercising is given to you too. I just ordered a HRM so i plan on using that to log all future calories burned no matter what Wii game or machine I use.

IE: Wii EA Active Full Body workout-EASY
    Time: 30 minutes
    Calories: 210

This way the general exercise is in the database and I just have to change the time and calories. Hope this helps!! :happy:
  • imdamom
    Options
    Thank you thank you SportsQueen and Ukheather!