I need more healthy friends

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Adrian and I'm here because I want to lose fat/gain muscle and this site is great at tracking what I eat! I love being healthy and exercising, but unfortunately most of my friends do not. Or at least, they don't have healthy living as much of a priority as I do, which is perfectly fine.

I was just wondering if there were anyone one else in the same position?

I need some healthy friends is all because right now almost everyone I know isn't into the whole healthy thing. Just the other day my family had fish and chips while I had grilled chicken with brown rice and vegetables (it was funny).

Um, I'll shut up now, but feel free to add me as a friend or something :) (I still don't have a perfect idea of what I'm doing)

Replies

• lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Adrian

I need to do more exercise, but certainly Im working on eating as well as possible. Feel free o add me as a friend if I can be of any help to you

Lyndal
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Hi Adrian, feel free to add me! I love health and fitness and keep my diary open, and I'm happy to help with support and advice!
  • impojr
    impojr Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks, I can already tell this place is really friendly and supportive!

Right now I weigh 60kg with 10.8% body fat (according to the scales at the gym), and I've been told to eat heaps and heaps of food to bulk up, but I can barely eat 2000 calories a day maximum.

I also exercise 6 times a week, so maybe that's why MFP is saying I should eat near 3000 calories which I think I'd explode if I did.
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I do make an effort to eat healthfully and I exercise daily. My diary is open to friends. I try to make as many things from scratch as I can. I just took up lifting again and am currently eating at TDEE to maintain my weight. What are your fitness goals?
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Adrian and I'm here because I want to lose fat/gain muscle and this site is great at tracking what I eat! I love being healthy and exercising, but unfortunately most of my friends do not. Or at least, they don't have healthy living as much of a priority as I do, which is perfectly fine.

I was just wondering if there were anyone one else in the same position?

I need some healthy friends is all because right now almost everyone I know isn't into the whole healthy thing. Just the other day my family had fish and chips while I had grilled chicken with brown rice and vegetables (it was funny).

Um, I'll shut up now, but feel free to add me as a friend or something :) (I still don't have a perfect idea of what I'm doing)

Definitely understand what you mean about those around you making less healthy choices. Funny thing is, is that my healthier habits started rubbing off on my family. Can't say the same for my friends, but as long as you keep your choices healthy and resist that stuff, that's all that matters. :) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • kimier
    Options
    hi Adrian. yes calories are very important with you working out. I too was into weight lifting when i was in the army. I was 5' 6" and 147lbs and still wore a size 6 jeans. when i did unit monthly weigh-ins i was considered over weight. did the caliber test for body fat I was good to go! Now I don't concern myself too much with the scale. make fiber and protein your 2 best friends! keep working out. As they say in the military "No Pain No Gain" Good luck
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I can already tell this place is really friendly and supportive!

Right now I weigh 60kg with 10.8% body fat (according to the scales at the gym), and I've been told to eat heaps and heaps of food to bulk up, but I can barely eat 2000 calories a day maximum.

I also exercise 6 times a week, so maybe that's why MFP is saying I should eat near 3000 calories which I think I'd explode if I did.

You might find you are surprised how easy it can be with the right calorie dense foods! What sort of exercise are you doing?
  • XxxFallenAngelxxX
    Options
    Hey Adrian!

I think printing the food pyramid is great, (may sounds babyish)
    That way you can see what sorts of food u ate. :)

Good luck! I <3 healthy friends, too!
  • impojr
    impojr Posts: 52
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I do make an effort to eat healthfully and I exercise daily. My diary is open to friends. I try to make as many things from scratch as I can. I just took up lifting again and am currently eating at TDEE to maintain my weight. What are your fitness goals?

I added you! So do you try and make healthy meals? That's so cool! I tried to make stir-fry with tofu and carrot and it was horrible. Right now my fitness goals are to get toned and maintain my exercise regimen for the holidays. I'm not aiming to "bulk up" too much, just get some decent muscle. Right now my muscle mass is 49.9, so just gotta increase from there.
    Definitely understand what you mean about those around you making less healthy choices. Funny thing is, is that my healthier habits started rubbing off on my family. Can't say the same for my friends, but as long as you keep your choices healthy and resist that stuff, that's all that matters. :) Feel free to add me if you like.

Ah, you must have a pretty awesome family! My brother just yelled at me for buying healthy things at the grocers. He's skinny like a stick and I swear he eats McDonald's more than twice a week. My friends are relatively healthy, which is good. I guess when we get together it's just easier to eat more convenient food. When we had a sleepover I brought a platter with vegetables, cheese and crackers and hommus. They laughed at first but then they ate it all.

I added you :) !
    hi Adrian. yes calories are very important with you working out. I too was into weight lifting when i was in the army. I was 5' 6" and 147lbs and still wore a size 6 jeans. when i did unit monthly weigh-ins i was considered over weight. did the caliber test for body fat I was good to go! Now I don't concern myself too much with the scale. make fiber and protein your 2 best friends! keep working out. As they say in the military "No Pain No Gain" Good luck

Wow, that's pretty cool! I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale for me isn't going to be a good indicator. For now while I'm just beginning I still consider it a tool I can use, but soon I'll ditch it.

Calorie eating is what's going to get me. I guess I'm still stuck on the old mantra of "eat more, gain more fat". I'm pretty sure that if I eat more and continue my gym days I may get muscle, but I'm still scared I'll just get fat over muscle. Also, I only go to the gym 3 times a week, for 60-90 minutes, and I'm not sure if it can be considered an intense enough workout.

I'll try and add more fiber and protein, thanks!
    You might find you are surprised how easy it can be with the right calorie dense foods! What sort of exercise are you doing?

My exercise 6 days a week. The whole six days I'm doing a program called insanity, which I think is more ab orientated. Then Through Monday to Saturday I alternate 60-90 minutes at the gym and a 7km(4.35mi) run. I'm increasing the run by 0.5km(0.3mi) every two weeks.

Then Sunday is my rest day, which conveniently is today :) !

Also, there's a difference between calorie dense and unhealthy, isn't there? I just need to find some good foods that I can eat.
    Hey Adrian!

I think printing the food pyramid is great, (may sounds babyish)
    That way you can see what sorts of food u ate. :)

Good luck! I <3 healthy friends, too!

That's not babyish at all! I love those food pyramids, I used to have a couple, but now I don't know what I've done with them.

Healthy Friends :D !
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and I workout at least 4-5x a week I try to eat healthy but dont always succeed. feel free to add me.