Bose Earbuds...my reward!?!

Options
I set a goal of 90 pounds when I began on MFP-I hit that goal Saturday morning....Only 1 short year and 5m later :wink: !

Anyway my reward when I hit $50 was a $50 Ipod shuffle...my reward for 90 pounds was to be the Bose Earbuds that are $90....

I've used my shuffle earphones and they work well when I am working out - stay in my ears even when I am sweaty. I've used others that don't stay in so well...memory foam like ones are really bad to slide out....

Anyone use the Bose Ear buds while working out? I hate to spend that and find they slip out! Or anyone have a great suggestion for a pair that you love?

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I bought some nike ones that have a clib that go around the ear. They are not big at all and they cost like 30 bucks. :wink:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I don't use Bose either, but I wanted to congratulate you on reaching your goal!!! Way to go!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Holy crap! That's awesome! What a great idea for a reward. I always struggle with what rewards to pick. I'm not sure if there are better ones, but Bose makes great products. I say go for it!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I am sooo inspired by your success! Fantastic. I don't know about Bose but I have used the ones that came with my ipod and also Sony. The Sony sound pretty good. I hike and they stay in place.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use sony fontopia earbuds. they come with3 different sized covers for a custom fit. & they don't fall out. & they sound great :happy:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your amazing work so far.

I never use ear buds, even inside. Outside they are too dangerous as you can't hear traffic. Inside I always feel like they were too loud, even when I could barely hear them over the background noise. I did a little research and discovered that the elevated blood pressure associated with hard workouts can make your ears more sensitive to sounds, and ear buds (because they directly inject the sound into the ear canal) can do minor damage at even normal levels. I haven't seen anything else to back that up, but due to my personal experience I avoid them when exercising.

Now at work to keep my brain from turning to mush or when folding laundry....Rock-n-Roll! :glasses:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Those earbuds are really the best. I wear mine in my daily public transport commute, to the gym, around the house while cleaning. (I listen to my iPod a lot). They sound very good, and I use them anytime I listen. The detail you hear in your music compared to the standard iPod earbuds is a big difference. (I am a total music geek)

One problem with them is that the bud portion can fall off of the other part,(and get lost) which is frustrating. That being said, customer service will happily send you more earbud thingees for free and they ship quickly.

If you use your iPod a lot, I'd say go for it.
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl!! You definately deserve em!! Enjoy!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Those earbuds are really the best. I wear mine in my daily public transport commute, to the gym, around the house while cleaning. (I listen to my iPod a lot). They sound very good, and I use them anytime I listen. The detail you hear in your music compared to the standard iPod earbuds is a big difference. (I am a total music geek)

One problem with them is that the bud portion can fall off of the other part,(and get lost) which is frustrating. That being said, customer service will happily send you more earbud thingees for free and they ship quickly.

Do you use them during exercise...i'd like to run with them but I am afraid they'll slide out.....
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yes I have the Bose Earbuds and LOVE THEM!!! They stay in my ears when running and working out. Mine came with three different size buds and the med fit me just fine. They suggest playing with the sizes and that you might want one size while you workout and one for just relaxing.

Good for you!!! Congratulations!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Do you use them during exercise...i'd like to run with them but I am afraid they'll slide out.....

Yes, jogging, elliptical, spin bike, walking, they are surprisingly secure if you put them in correctly and use the right size, even if you are plenty sweaty.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I had Bose earbuds. My husband did not like them so I inherited them. They were the best I had ever used! They were the only ones that stayed in my ear while running, even with the sweat pouring down. Unfortunately, while running on the treadmill, my Ipod fell out of my holder and shorted a wire in my earphones and one ear stopped working. It is hard to rationalize another $100 for new headphones.

Be careful of the soft ear pieces. Mine fell off several times. Luckily I was able to find them each time. {once in a snow mound after shoveling} They are designed to be removed to clean them. My son was able to get them replaced at a Bose store when he lost his ear piece.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I had Bose earbuds. My husband did not like them so I inherited them. They were the best I had ever used! They were the only ones that stayed in my ear while running, even with the sweat pouring down. Unfortunately, while running on the treadmill, my Ipod fell out of my holder and shorted a wire in my earphones and one ear stopped working. It is hard to rationalize another $100 for new headphones.

Be careful of the soft ear pieces. Mine fell off several times. Luckily I was able to find them each time. {once in a snow mound after shoveling} They are designed to be removed to clean them. My son was able to get them replaced at a Bose store when he lost his ear piece.

Thanks - I think I'll go for it!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I can't wear the marshmellowy kind of ear bud. They never stay put no matter which ones I use. We just bought some REALLY cool Sony ones that have an ear clip so everything stays put. For $20.00 they sound awesome! I was totally impressed. Very rich sound.