I am impressed with myself when........

Options
I make oatmeal and canteloupe for breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning when I could have made pancakes and bacon!!!

Your turn :)

Replies

• orangelobster
    Options
    I get up early on a cold winter morning and go to the gym, instead of staying in the warm bed and dozing!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I go through the McDonald's drive-thru every morning and order just a Diet Coke instead of the burrito meal I had become addicted to!
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    When I talk myself out of cravings
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I ran 15 miles for the first time in my life like i just did an hour ago.

Now I shall have cake.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't give into the free donuts vendors bring in at work, or eat the cake at the birthday meetings.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I turn down a trip to the pub in favour of a gym work out.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I can go an hour on the treadmill and have the stamina to do more.......
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I decide I can do one more rep, and end up doing two
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I ran 15 miles for the first time in my life like i just did an hour ago.

Now I shall have cake.
    You deserve cake! That is awesome!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I increase my weights at the gym and find it to be not only possible, but invigorating.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't snack late at night.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    when I go into the kitchen and have an entire pie staring at me, and I opt for carrots or broccoli, not because I know they're better for me, but because I actually WANT to eat them.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Every time I duck my head underwater in the cold pool and start to swim.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    on my finisher exercise today i could lift 30 lb d b for a concentration curl of 20 reps... and could have kept going!!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed with myself every morning when I wake up and I'm STILL awesome!

tumblr_lv18d2oTe31qii6tmo1_250.gif
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I choose to go home and make dinner rather than stopping at my favorite diner (and the cinnamon horn for desert!)
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This week, i worked till 2 am every night as we are nearing a deadline... but still went to the gym every morning... well done me! :)
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I bake Christmas Cookies to give as gifts and don't eat any!! :noway: :bigsmile:
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    <At a cocktail party, with lots of friends, lots of good wine, & a table full of holiday potluck appetizers>

<oh and the food, mostly store-bought - nothing out of the ordinary amazingly lovingly house-made :)>

With my one drink in my hand, I survey the food table- In my head "yup - nothing good to eat" - then go to the non-food room and have a lovely evening catching up with friends.

Impressed that I did not allow food the upper hand in my thoughts. I think I've turned a corner :)

Yeah!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I calculate my standing from a race and find I'm in the top 10% of ladies my age that ran that race! It inspires me to keep running!