everyone ready for the end of the world?

Options
:D i sure as well am :D just to be on the safe side we are ready for anything to happen

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Just in case I not Christmas shopping until Saturday the 22nd. :laugh:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It's a non-issue to me. If it happens it happens.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lol i made a post about this the other day. i was thinking it is a good excuse to have a party
  • CrystalZ2012
    CrystalZ2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Does this mean I can have cake on the 20th and no one can judge me? Don't want to die knowing I could have had that slice of cake.:laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If the world is going to end, then we're all going to be dead. What is there to prepare for?

Although, if I thought it was actually going to happen, I would not go to work and I would forget the diet, for sure. In fact, I'd be maxing my credit cards out on a trip with my kid and my BF and whoever the heck else wanted to go to Europe!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Lol! Don't think anything will happen on the 21st but since the world seems to be going to heck in a hand basket, it's always a good idea tone ready for anything ;)
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i dont think it will happen on the 21st,but,maybe something significant will happen.. but, after 2012, i will finally watch that movie.lol
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm preparing myself for that day by planning to avoid all social networking sites. There's going to be an overabundance of stupid.

If anyone does think the world is going to end, please feel free to sign over your belongings to me.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    No!!! I still haven't found the perfect outfit :(
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Still packing... :P
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    What if the society as we know it breaks down in anticipation of the world ending and results in the end the world?
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    they are having an end of the world party at our local Margaritas Mexican Resturant on Thursday night into Friday. I plan to stuff my face with salsa, tortilla chips, and chimichangas!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am giving everyone cheques, dated Dec 25th, for Christmas this year.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    What if the society as we know it breaks down in anticipation of the world ending and results in the end the world?

That was the idea with Y2K. It wasn't thought that the actual world would end in 2000, but it was hypothesised that the loss of all computer systems would cause society to deteriorate to the point that the world as we know it would be changed forever. But then that idea, like the scare in October 2008 with the large hadron collider, actually wasn't that silly because it had some evidence, some scientific reasoning to suggest that something may actually happen.

The 'end of the world 21/12/12 theory' is just completely unfalsifiable, unscientific, scaremongering hogwash. Nothing is going to happen, it's all BS.
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    If anyone does think the world is going to end, please feel free to sign over your belongings to me.

I never met anyone that wanted to take my student debt from me... It's all yours. *does happy dance*
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Just to add... The Mayans, Aztecs, and all other ancient cultures that mentioned 2012 never implied anything about the world ending.

Just wanted to put that out there cuz Im a bit of an ancient culture nerd.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think something weird will happen on the 21st. Yes I do. Am I ready? Not really. We are having our company X-Mas Party that day, & are working, and then possibly a Bellydance Guild Solstace Party in the evening...

Quesion is: Do I eat the coconut shrimp, or do I not eat it?
    If I eat a order of coconut shrimp, and it doesn't end. Is that worse than, if I didn't eat it, an then it did end? Arrrgh. I did get some extra bottled water today at the store.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am in New zealand so my 21 dec will still be 20 dec for a lot of people. And so 21 dec for a lot of you will be my 22 dec! So i will let u all know how the day is going on my 21 dec lol.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    it's kind of messed up we don't get one more Christmas though! :laugh: