50# of Potatoes

Options
13»

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You can cube them toss in spices and olive oil ank bake them, you can add them to a crock pot for a roast, you can shred them and make hashbrowns with breakfast for dinner, you can make potato salad, you can slice them wrap them in foil with butter and spices put on grill or just bake.... You can put them in foil with chicken on top and salsa and cheese, then bake..

I don't know if you can pre-shred the potatoes and then freeze for later use.

The food-bank idea that someone else had sounded good, too.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You should ask some really old Irish people what their great grandparents made with their potatoes, I bet they they could tell you a lot of stuff. :tongue:
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I actually like mine with some spinach on top. Yum!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Fabulous gift!
    I slice and microwave mine until soft, then mash and mix with plain Greek yogurt. A few shakes of hot sauce are optional. Ditto for cooked onions.
    I love the food pantry idea.

Or you can use them to improve your WiFi:
    boeing-internet-potato-test.jpeg-460x307.jpg
    (Source: http://www.salon.com/2012/12/22/boeing_engineers_use_spuds_to_improve_in_air_wi_fi/)
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love my mashed potatoes.. so I started making them 'lighter' by mixing them almost 50/50 with cabbage. No milk or butter.. just water, garlic powder, and salt... sometimes some liquid hickory smoke. I also have a gravy recipe that comes out to 100 calories a cup.. usually using 1/2 cup for a meal. It works for me.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a heck of a gift. The only suggestion I have that isn't represented here is to bake or steam a potato, and then instead of adding the traditional butter or sour cream, top it with salsa. Delicious and not so fattening.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump! Lots of great ideas. I, too, have a bunch of potatoes I need to use up asap.