Pre-Bed Hunger

Options
Hey,

I am having a last minute right before bed hunger issue. I've tried drink water, cottage chees, or slow digesting protiens. But it doesn't seem to be enough to satisfy my hunger. it sometimes comes to the point where i can't fall asleep without eatting a bowl of cereal or something equivelant to reduce my hunger pains to where i can sleep. What have you all done? What do you recommend?

Anonsi

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Yeah, every night for me. I've found I can't stick to any diet that won't allow me to have ~150-250 calories saved up for some oatmeal or a veggie wrap in bed at night. I do 20/4 intermittent fasting so before I go to bed I'll typically eat pancakes and oatmeal in bed. So much win. I've lost so much more weight this way. Down to 113lbs at the moment.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you're really physically hungry then eat something but if something nutritious doesn't sound good then you probably aren't hungry, just thinking about food. You may need to rework your daily calories so that you leave a couple hundred for a bedtime snack or you may have your budget set too low so you aren't getting enough calories in during the day to start with. Eating more proteins and less carbs can help with feeling satiated.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yeah, every night for me. I've found I can't stick to any diet that won't allow me to have ~150-250 calories saved up for some oatmeal or a veggie wrap in bed at night. I do 20/4 intermittent fasting so before I go to bed I'll typically eat pancakes and oatmeal in bed. So much win. I've lost so much more weight this way. Down to 113lbs at the moment.

What does 20/4 intermittent fasting mean?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options

What does 20/4 intermittent fasting mean?

Fast for 20 hours, eat for 4 hours. I only eat between 7pm and 11pm. Once your body adjusts (after a week or two) your ghrelin won't spike during the day so you don't get hungry during the day. I just drink diet soda/powerade zero during the day and eat at night.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Save some cals for nighttime. Eating late won't affect your weight loss as long as you stick within your overall cal limit. I used to eat 80% of my cals after 6 :))) it was fun
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm only hungry at night when I eat too many carbs during the day and not enough fat and protein.But,when I am hungry I EAT! I like to snack at night so I usually have 2 of my snacks right before bed.