A Little Confused!

Options
I have at least 50 pounds left to lose - not really sure what my actual final goal will be as I have never been anything other than fat. Can't imagine what I will look like 50 pounds lighter!

Before I joined up here it was all about the final weight but now I want to be strong too. Not skinny and still unfit.

I have been reading about the heavy lifting stuff on here and have some adjustable dumbbells - got 2.5kg on them now which is heavy for me as I am a wimp! It seems like people who are lifting weights a lot are eating many more calories to build muscles.

I wouldn't need to eat more calories though would I? I have a lot of weight to lose so it isn't like I am a skinny minnie trying to build up.

I don't have access to a gym and only have an exercise bike and my weights - no room for anything else. Is this enough to build muscle and get strong?

How long would it take to start noticing a difference? I have lost 8 pounds and can't tell! Only lost an inch off my waist in 4 weeks.

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    Also I get that you can't spot reduce fat but can you spot increase muscle?
  • plaingirly
    Options
    :laugh: Guess I waffle too much!
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The more muscle you build the more it burns fat I think it's something like 30% more when your muscles are resting (not working out). So it's actually a myth, you won't get bulky women don't produce enough testosterone. Light weights are best for lengthening muscles and toning up. Resist bands are great! Small, compact and you can use them anywhere! As far are diet goes a protein shake is amazing after a workout. It helps rebuild muscle. Start small. It's ok if you need to take more than a day off in between, your muscles may need more time to repair.